Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ngonga Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Nasal congestion
    Hi good evening how are you? I have severe nasal congestion and can't sleep at night please help me thank you very much
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 05:55 PM
    A saline solution you put up your nose, can help. There are many to choose from, all available over the counter. Vicks vapor rub can help. Elevating your head can help. A humidifier can help. Medication that can alleviate nasal congestion (check your local pharmacy). So many options.

Talk to your local pharmacist.
    Ngonga Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 06:02 PM
    Thank you very much for your help and advice. But I have already tried all of that and nothing helps. I can't go to sleep because I can't breathe through my nose. Is there any way that I can get some sleep? Thank you
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngonga View Post
    Thank you very much for your help and advice. But I have already tried all of that and nothing helps. I can't go to sleep because I can't breathe through my nose. Is there any way that I can get some sleep? Thank you
    Those are really the only things available. If you've tried all of the over the counter medications and can't get relief, or sleep, then it's time to see your doctor. Your doctor can prescribe something stronger, not offered over the counter.

Sorry that you can't sleep. Been there, done that, and it sucks. Hopefully you get relief soon. Good news is, it doesn't last forever. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pelvis Congestion Syndrome/OBGYN or possible GI question [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a OBGYN, possible GI related question. I am a 31yo female, had 3 kids via C-sections (no other pregnancies), healthy otherwise. After our last baby in 2007, I had a tubal ligation. Had some hormonal imbalances after that with much higher than normal levels of free testosterone....

Pelvic congestion syndrome [ 0 Answers ]

How comman is embolization for this as a treatmen option?

What can I give my dog for congestion [ 4 Answers ]

My dog has congestion in the nose I can hear it and every now and then she wheezes

What can I do for chest congestion? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 34w2d and have been trying to get a sinus infection. Well today it has moved to my chest and I feel aweful! I've been drinking tea with honey, found some all natural halls to fight cough, and was also recommended to put Vicks Vaporub on the bottoms of my feet while I sleep. I just feel...

View more questions Search