Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snowfairyfever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 09:16 AM
    Is 14 too early to date? I have an over protective mom?
    I've seen on this website that loads and buckets of people agree that you shouldn't date without your parents consent. I have a boyfriend which my parents don't know of, but if they were understanding I would tell them. My dad would be okay with it and encourage the relationship but he would tell my mom. My mom is a very uptight woman who fears everything amd everyone. Im in cheerleading so I had to wear tampons and she found one of.the wrappers of mine and she threw a fit saying that tampons are for sluts. She doesn't approve of me having guy friends because she says men are only good for making young girls pregnant. She never lets me go over to anyone's house because she fears their dad is a rapist. She won't let me go to the park that's literally across the street because she believes I'll get kidnapped. I have VERY little freedom and I go out like once a month or sometimes not at all. I could not possibly tell my mom about my boyfriend.
    I like to believe I'm mature enough to date. Im very anti drugs and anti sex and I'm not planning on losing my virginity until I'm at least 18 and I know he is the right guy. I won't have sex with my boyfriend but my mom will believe we will. Im very scared of getting pregnant anyway and I'm not up for having a baby. He is a very sweet guy, he isn't pushy about anything. He is loving and affectionate and very smart and my best friend. We are in a very good relationship and are very happy together. We only see each other at school and all we do is hug and kiss each other goodbye at the end of the day.
    So is it really that wrong for me to date without my mom's consent? She would make me break up with him and I truly don't want that to happen, he is a wonderful person but she won't see that. She's a bit ignorant. Well more like a lot.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 09:22 AM
    I don't think you ought to be dating without your parents permission. Perhaps you can talk to your mom and dad together.
    teensportychick Posts: 192, Reputation: 15

Nov 23, 2012, 11:52 PM
    Im going to tell you what I did.. it probably isn't the best thing to do but it worked for me and I have a mom like yours...

Well I met a really great huy and we texted for a really long time and we both wanted our relationship to actually be a relationship so one night I asked my mom if I could have a friend over for a movie and she said yes and the next day the guy I liked showed up for a movie and met my parents and they really liked him...

I have to warn you though it might not work out this way... I just know how bad it sucks and I wanted to say something! You could also just sit them down and ask if they wanted to meet him... Just say you really like him and you want them to see how great he is...

I really hope everything works out! :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 12:02 AM
    I've seen on this website that loads and buckets of people agree that you shouldn't date without your parents consent.
    The above statement isn't accurate. It's not that people agree you shouldn't date without your parents consent, it's that you can't date without their consent. It's a matter of law, not what we think or feel. The law is absolute, not opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My period was 4 days early, light and ended on the original start date. Am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My period began 4 days early(July 6th)and ended the day it should have began(July 10th). It was kind of light. For the past 1-2 weeks(today being Aug 24th) I've been sick in my stomach. I've been having diarrhea and just not feeling well in my stomach, like cramps or sudden sickness. Sometimes the...

Who do I write to for an early release date from prison? [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing 85% of my original sentence. I have been incarcerated for 12 years now for burglary. I have 0 points and I am currently in a minimum security facility. I am due to be released at the end of this year. However, I would like to write the judge for an earlier release date from prison, but...

I watched this movie all the time in the early 90's.not sure of release date. [ 1 Answers ]

Movie name driving me crazy. Reminds me of star wars. Group of warriors/survivors enter this cave-like fortress/castle. Not sure of the plot, but group moves they structure, split up, and encounter dangerous obstacles through out. One I remember is in one room where walls are closing in any they...

I watched this movie all the time in the early 90's.not sure of release date. [ 1 Answers ]

Movie name driving me crazy. Reminds me of star wars. Group of warriors/survivors enter this cave-like fortress/castle. Not sure of the plot, but group moves they structure, split up, and encounter dangerous obstacles through out. One I remember is in one room where walls are closing in any they...

View more questions Search