Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Nov 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
    How in the world do I get the cover on my duvet!!
    I just bought a duvet today, my first one but I'm having serious issues with it!! #1 Did I actually buy a duvet? Its not a down one its poly. It's the rectangle shape but then it seems to have an extra side and bottom flap. Then in the space left by the two extra flaps ( < kind of shape ) there is a think cloth what is a different material then the duvet. Is this a how a poly duvet is supposed to be? Or do I fold the sides in when filling the duvet or is that so it hangs on the sides of the bed? I tried folding in the sides but now it seems I have extra fabric from the cover on the sides of the duvet. Am I maybe putting the duvet in the wrong way? ( like vertially in the cover horizontally?) Ive been trying for 30min and I just can gets this damn thing in/flat!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 06:23 AM
    What size is the duvet, and what size is the cover you are trying to put it in?

i.e. double/queen, single, king...

If you bought a queen duvet, you will always have left over ends when it is in the cover. They can't seem to make a duvet cover that actually fits a duvet.

Nov 23, 2012, 09:59 AM
    It is a queen size... I gave up and just stuffed my comforter in the cover. I think I might return the duvet... too much work for my taste lol
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 11:24 AM
    It is easy if you just feed it in, starting with top corners; but it is hard to explain. It is only actually worth the trouble if you have a down duvet.

Nov 23, 2012, 08:57 PM
    I don't have a down duvet so it wasn't worth it, plus I tried doing it inside our from the corners but because of the flaps I have a gap in the corners they don't actually meet up so it didn't really work that way

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2.4 L sunfire/cavalier cam cover removal? Or valve cover?how do I get them off? [ 6 Answers ]

I actually googled the answer to this question... and found it here on this site... but its NOT WORKING FOR ME!. SO PLEASE HELP!. here is the problem... I have a 2.4 L sunfire same as the 2.4 L cavalier.. its a twin cam... it has cam covers.. (not really valve covers I guess)... that have 10 bolts...

Wax on duvet cover [ 2 Answers ]

I was using waxing strips and stupidly (accidentally) put one the wrong way up on my new Orla Kiely duvet cover (cost over £60). Does anyone know anyway to get it off because I only just washed it. I also tried it on a small part and it didn't seem to work. Thank you!

80's kids movie boy finds monster world under his duvet [ 3 Answers ]

I have been racking my brains but my memory is not that good I once watched a film or TV programme about a little boy who had a cuddly monster or dinosaur and he went under his duvet into a monster land where he had to stop some evil man from either building a monster or an evil monster from...

What is a duvet set? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a new bedding set and want a comforter that is simple and light weight. I have found several different duvet sets but have no clue what a duvet is. Can this be used as a comforter? Help

Plants to cover concrete drain cover [ 1 Answers ]

Hi When I bought my house, no one had even raked the yard for years and I knew I had a lot of work ahead of me. Fortunately, I had been perennial gardening for some time. This was a new challenge, however, because the lot is heavily wooded, and the trees are old growth that were not cut when...

View more questions Search