Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dogsareme Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Mar 13, 2007, 11:22 PM
    Hydroxycut - Does it work?
    I have heard A lot of things about not using diet pills and I'm sure a lot of them do not work, but I have heard many good things about Hydroxycut. Has anyone used this and had good results?
    I understand it has a diet and exercise plan with it and that's fine. I do not believe I am over weight but I would like to slim down around my thighs and waist. I walk at least an hour a day, and am on the go pretty much all day running here and there, I also do hiking and biking a few times a week with my dogs. I eat pretty healthy and only on the occasion have junk food, which when I do is usually only a chocolate bar because I don't like a lot of junk foods.
    Any suggestions, cautions?
    IkoIkoComic Posts: 9, Reputation: 5

Mar 14, 2007, 12:02 AM
    I'd caution you to speak with a medical professional before attempting any sort of diet-pill or weight-loss solution.

Remember, such solutions tend to favour your *appearance* over your *health*, whereas a healthy lifestyle usually leads to a feeling of well-being that will make you more attractive despite a few extra pounds, here and there.

Additionally, diet solutions like Hydroxycut develop habits that depend on your continued consumption of Hydroxycut- which isn't just unhealthy, it's damn expensive.
    (i.e. if you lose 10 pounds with a diet solution, you're pretty likely to gain 10 pounds when you go back to your old habits- diet solutions aren't about developing healthy habits, they're about short-term weight loss.)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogsareme
    I have heard ALOT of things about not using diet pills and I'm sure alot of them do not work, but I have heard many good things about Hydroxycut. Has anyone used this and had good results?
    I understand it has a diet and exercise plan with it and that's fine. I do not believe I am over weight but I would like to slim down around my thighs and waist. I walk at least an hour a day, and am on the go pretty much all day running here and there, I also do hiking and biking a few times a week with my dogs. I eat pretty healthy and only on the occassion have junk food, which when I do is usually only a chocolate bar because I don't like alot of junk foods.
    Any suggestions, cautions??
    Hydroxycut is as thermogenic based weight loss drug, (meaning "fat burning"), The first bit of advice I have is to read the disclaimer at the bottom of the box, the long and short of it is, "Results may vary...Exercise and proper diet, are a must. They advise a 200 calorie diet, well for the "moderately obsese" person you will lose weight no matter what amount of exercise you do or the supplements you take, If you are in this condition, you calorie intake has probably been alot more then this. So "Buyer Beware".....
    It has a lot of new ingredients with little record of success for weight loss. Just proves to me how "advertising" works, on people that want to believe there a miracle drug that will help them. The next point I have is the list of ingredients:

Chromium Polynicotinate- The FDA says there's no evidence to support the effect its supposedly has on increasing muscle mass, boosting performance or losing weight.

Garcina Cambogia- Has conflicting studies, It's a 50/50 weight loss success deal, some lose, some people don't. It takes well control studies to prove success but I still didn't see any. (90 people is not the kind of studies that prove success).

Gymnema Sylvestre- There's little evidence that this can aid in weight loss either, by preventing sugar to be absorbed by the body, But there's no science that I know of or have read of that proves that this chemical can block the absorption of sugar by the body.

Glucomannan- This is a fiber, that aids in curing constipation

Alpha Lipoic Acid- This is a antioxidat, And is used in Europe for the treatment of diabetes.

Willow bark extract- This is a pain reliever

So here's a list of at least 4 ingredients in hydroxycut that have no proven benefits, except as a antioxidant, help with constipation and a pain reliever.

Hydroxy tea- is basically a green tea extract
    Caffine and Guarana extract- Give you energy (basically equal to 6 cups of coffee)
    Gree tea extract- great antioxidant with claims of also aiding in anti cancer to control fat oxidation.

One you stop using most of these kinds of products you will regain the weight, you need to simply change your eating habits, and get plenty of exercise. You need to cut out junk food, sweets, sugar, fast foods, fat intake and processed foods. Natural, low calorie, full grain breads, pasta, rice and cereals. 100% fuit juice or water no soda or presweetened drinks. Veggies, fruits and lean meats. (Especially portion sizes when it comes to meats and fish, it 3 oz, no more!) Portion sizes are the key ingredient to permanent weight loss and fat reduction, reading nutritional labels and going by the 1 serving size is of the utmost importance. Anyone can lose weight fast, but it's a temporary condition, if you change what your doing wrong, and take exercise as serious your achieve permanent weight/body fat loss that will last a lifetime.:D
    Toddro61 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 06:28 PM
    When people ask me about weight loss products, my answer is simple. If it really worked, wouldn't everyone be skinny?

Lots of people have gotten rich off America's never-ending search for an easy answer.
    Neversuspectme Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Every fad crazy diet you will or MAY lose but you will put it back on and more this always happens UNLESS a huge 180 in eating habits look into the food groups they are there for a reason!! I swear drink 8 glasses of water a day
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 11:22 AM

I wouldn't take Hydroxycut period. It's being recalled for health issues, one being liver damage.
    amber89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 06:15 PM
    But since your body gets so use to the daily workout plan. Won't you be use to the physically exercise as well as the nutrition plan along with the pills. If you cut the pills and keep the plan after you reach you goals you should be fine though right?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 19, 2012, 07:58 AM
    There are specific exercises that yoi can do to tone areas, perhaps you should try those.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroxycut? [ 5 Answers ]

Does Hydroxycut help burn fat or is it just a waste of money? I am looking for something to assist me in burning fat while I work out but at the same time I would like to put on some muscle. I can not have the perfect diet since I am deployed to Iraq. I drink only water and try to watch what I eat...

Do you think it will really work out? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is Sarah, I have a problem. My boyfreind barley calls me anymore, I never get to see him, and I can never call him because I don't know how to get up with him. I want this relationship to work out because I love him more then words can express we have been going out for about 3 months...

Does it work [ 2 Answers ]

Am interested in long distance relationship that will lead to marriage, please does it work especially as it concerns meeting each other, I am a university graduate, 42 years old,if any lady believes and knows how we can make it workout , she can contact me through this email: [email protected]

Will it all work out [ 2 Answers ]

I am 31 and just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant. I have $19,000 in debt I don't know how I will pay back and have just broken up with my boyfriend. He knows nothing of the baby or the debt. If I tell him I am pregnant then I have to tell about the debt. I am so scared I don't know what to...

IE doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

IE6 usually worked fine although it'd gone slow lately. But last night when I clicked on the IE icon, which takes me to the default page, it showed the casual "Cannot find page" and then went to this page http://204.177.92.68/rotate/r3.html . It didn't actually go to this page. Just showed the url...

View more questions Search