Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    venom258 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 08:47 PM
    My new Girlfriend is 17. I am 23
    My new girlfriend is 17 and I am 23. Her parents are good with it so everythings fine. The only thing that I have issues with are hanging out with her friends. She also has issues hanging out with my friends. So what could I do to make this age gap problem better?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2012, 08:56 AM
    This is one of the reasons relationships in your ages don't work. You are both at different stages of development. At different social circles. Your friends are probably more into clubbing and the like. She can't legally go into one.

Frankly I don't think this relationship will work, but the only way it might is if you divide your time as time together and each of you hae friend time. If the raltionship lasts until you are both older then you will develop mutual friends.
    Alywoochic15 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Just tell her your not really comfertable around her friends and just ask her to spend more time with each other without anyone else and just talk about things you have in common.
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Nov 22, 2012, 11:48 PM
    Is this relationship legal where you live? Your age difference is tremendous and you're not going to have the same friends or have those friends all be on the same page. Not to mention the fact that her friends can't do any of the activities your friends may be able to do (drink, club, etc.).

You have to ask yourself if you're pushing her out of her own natural "growing up" time to keep pace with you and whether the relationship is fair for HER no matter how hot you think she is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 12:55 AM
    There is no issue if the relationship feels good or not.

If things work right, they work, if things are not working right, they don't feel right
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 23, 2012, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WisperWill70 View Post
    Is this relationship legal where you live?
    Just a point here. There are no laws that I know of that make a "relationship" legal or illegal. Engaging in sex may or may not be legal. Lack of parental approval may make continuing the relationship illegal. But no law says they can't have a relationship.

Otherwise, your response is right on.
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Nov 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
    That's exactly what I meant. A Relationship isn't illegal - but sexual components can be depending on the area/laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my relationship status?ex girlfriend ? Girlfriend ? Or friend? [ 6 Answers ]

Okayy, the problem is... I was with him from July 2010 till oct 2010.. then he decided to end our relationship for unclear reasons.. (he hides something but I still don't know what).and he instantly got a new girlfriend for a week! After the break,I said we're done and warns to stop contacting...

Ex girlfriend and current girlfriend drama [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, so, I've had a girlfriend for a year now. I've never been as in love with anyone as I am right now with my current girlfriend. Our relationship's ing crazy, we don't have any other contact with anyone except family. We just talk to each other. It's weird, I know, but me and my girlfriend are...

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

View more questions Search