Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mahoneybaloney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 08:26 PM
    My son is being accused of stealing some gold
    Hi so my son is being accuses for stealing some gold at a party he went too, there is no hard proof he did it and he claims to be innocent , a police officer called him and asked him to come down to answer a few questions for the investigation, 3 kids at the party are blaming him and one claims to be an eye witness , what's the worse case scenario and the best? He is 18 lives in Canada and has no criminal record, shouldn't the host of the house party be at fault ? And aware of the consequences?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 12:50 AM
    Why should the host be at fault? I don't get your reasoning. You do say there were eye witnesses and if the police want to question him, he has to go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 02:47 AM
    I agree, if someone stole, then the host is the one to take the loss on this, Most likely the host is the one to call the police.

The person who stole it, is to blame and should be held accountable.

You did not say the value of this, that makes a difference.

I would not go talk to the police without an attorney with me. And not answer any questions from anyone, without talking to attorney first.
    Three people who have opinions should normally not be enough but it depends on what they saw, and what there stories all together claim.

If the Crown feels there is enough evidence, they may go to trial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accused of stealing [ 2 Answers ]

Working in a care home for people with learning disabilities accused of stealing some monies. Some of the financial sheets are missing. The person who are accusing me have retain some photocopies assuming without my managers knowledge. Can she use the photocopies as evidence against me?

Accused of stealing!! [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out that my bosses from a part time job did not put me back on the calender to work. The problem is they have informed everyone but me of this and have told everyone but me the I reason was because I stole from the register. This however is not true and I want to know my rights to...

My husband have been accused of stealing and have been arrested what should he do? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband have been accused of stealing from UPS. He haven't been near that place since last year when he use to work there and they have accused him for stealing on April 9,2010 and April 12, 2010. Detectives are saying that they have video footage of him stealing but I and his family is one...

Accused of Stealing [ 36 Answers ]

I am on State Probation and I have been for 2 years now and still have 2 more to go. I started my own business due to I have to work and no one wants to hire someone with a record not to mention I have 4 babies 9 and under. I have never been accused of stealing from a customer until a week and a...

My husband was accused of stealing $4000 from his job. What can I do? [ 21 Answers ]

I have a long story that I am desperate for advice on and I am hoping that you will read it all... I have a question that I am desperate for help with. My husband was recently accused of taking money from his work. He works for a gas station and has been employed there for 3 years....

View more questions Search