Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sstevens55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 02:45 PM
    Night and day heaters
    I live in a rent house that has an older Day & Night wall heater. A couple of years ago the fan motor went out and a repair man replaced it with a motor that is actually to large for the unit. I do not know if he tried to get one through the manufacturer, but the heater is very loud and according to him it is because of the size of that motor. The heater blows air very hard and goes off and comes on a lot when the thermostat is turned up for heat. The repair man says that is also because of the motor. My question is if I get the serial numbers of the heater will I be able to purchase the correct motor for this unit. I suspect it is 15 years old.
    PJmax Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Nov 22, 2012, 07:09 PM
    I don't even see wall heaters on their website anymore. If you leave a model number I will try to research it for you. I'm guessing that he didn't leave the old motor and that you have no idea what motor (make and part #) he put in.

It is very likely that the original motor for your unit is un-available and has been for many years. Not uncommon in the hvac field.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had sex last night and I didn't bleed though out the night. I got up this morning an [ 3 Answers ]

I had sex last night and I didn't bleed though out the night. I got up this morning and I was fine, 1 hr later ii started to bleed, and its still going. There was also 2 small chunks of skin or something that looked like it and it was covered in blood as well... should I be worried ?

Site:askmehelpdesk.com day and night heaters [ 1 Answers ]

I have a day and night heater not sure how old, the recent problem is that the heater will work fine for a while then it will turn on and no heat. The thermostat must be working because it turns the heater on,just no producing the heat. I seem to think it might be the gas valve is not opening...

Electric baseboard heaters -wiring 1 thermostat to two heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to heat my new garage with electric baseboard heaters. The new garage is 20X24 feet. I would like to use only one 240V #12 2 wire circuit running two heaters at a total of 3800 watts. I plan to use 2 pole 20A breakers and 2c #12 wire. I would like to have both heaters controlled...

View more questions Search