Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cocomonet90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Accounting- Assets-Liabilities-Owners (OE)-Equity
    Collen Silk opened a medical practice . During July , the first month of operation, the business , titled Colleen Silk , M.D. experienced the following events,

Requirement

1. Analyze the effects of these events on the accounting equation of the medical practice M.D (Make sure to analyze each event in the order presented in the table. If the event does not require an entry leave blank and indicate no effect on owner equity. Decreases should be entered with parentheses or a minus sign. Zero amounts should be entered in the balance line only).

Jul 6 ,silk invested $39,000 in the business by opening bank account in the name of C. Silk , M.D. the business gave capital to silk.

July 9 , Paid $31,000 cash for land.

July 12 , purchased medical supplies for $1,800 on account.

July 15 officially opened for business.

15-31 , during the rest of the month, silk treated patients and earned service revenue of $6,000, receiving cash.

29th Paid cash expenses; employees' salaries, $2,500; office rent , $700, utilities , $500.
    30 Returned supplies purchased on the 12th for the cost of those supplies , $600.
    31 paid $1,100 on account.

I really need help.

Assets

= Liabilities + Owners Equity (OE)
    Date Cash + Medical supplies +Land= payable + Silk, capital type of OE Transaction

July 6_______ +_________+_____________+___________+_____________ ___
    BAl.

July 9_______+____________+_____________+____________+_ ________________
    Bal.

July 12 ______+______________+_____________+______________ _+_____________
    Bal.
    July 15_______+________________+_____________________+_ _____________
    Bal.
    July 15-31______+________________+-___________+___________+____________
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2012, 07:08 PM
    What are you asked to do?

determine where the entries result in a change in owners equity'

Assets minus Liabilities equal Equity.

in the first entry Equity is $39,000 i.e. Assets 39000 = Equity 39000 there was a change from ZERO to 39000
    so you have to post the various entries and determine when the value of the equity changes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have the assets and owners equity I need to know the liabilities how do I do that [ 1 Answers ]

I have $15,575 in assets and I have $10,150 owner's equity, I need to know how to find the total for liabilities?

Assets 15,575=Liabilities of ?+owners equity of 10,150 [ 1 Answers ]

I know the Assets I also know the owner's equity how do I get the answer to the liabilities?

Assets 22,000=Liabilities of 7,200+owners equity of? [ 1 Answers ]

Complete the following Equations Assets 22,000=Liabilities of 7,200+owners equity of?

Assets = Liabilities + Owners equity [ 1 Answers ]

Amounts owed by a business to others are referred to as ______. Is it liabilities? Assets are financed by two sources, what are they? One is owner's equity, what is the other called accounts receivable?:rolleyes:

Why must assets always equal liabilities+owners equity? [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please answer this question? Why must assets always equal liabilities+owners equity:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search