Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cocomonet90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
    Accounting -Business Purchased supplies
    Your business purchased supplies of $2,500 on account . The journal entry to record this transaction as follows, is it A,B, C or D??

A. Inventory Accounts payable
    B. Accounts payable supplies
    C. Supplies Accounts receivable
    D. Supplies Accounts payable
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Nov 22, 2012, 06:36 PM
    Sorry this is an edit I didn't read the question right

Supplies debit 2500 - accounts payable credit 2500
    Because supplies goes up (inventory) and has a normal debit balance as an asset, and as a liabilitiy with a credit balance the money you oew ( A.P.) goes up as well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purchased supplies on account $50? Would this be considered in accounting? [ 1 Answers ]

Would I credit accounts payable and credit supplies? Help please

When a firm purchases supplies for use in its business, and the cost of the supplies [ 2 Answers ]

13. When a firm purchases supplies for use in its business, and the cost of the supplies purchased is recorded as an asset, the following adjustment to recognize the cost of supplies used will probably be required: A. Dr Supplies Cr Accounts payable B. Dr Supplies Cr Supplies expense C. Dr...

Purchased supplies on a note [ 2 Answers ]

Year 2008, purchased $175 of supplies by using a 6 month note that matures on April 1,2009 What's the journal entry for this

Determine supplies purchased based on adjusting entries? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't even know how to begin to answer this as there is no information or example of this kind of problem in the normal chapter. I wonder if I simply don't understand the question that is being asked here. Could someone please give me at least some idea of what a proper answer would look...

View more questions Search