Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maliburon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Dishwasher overflow valve
    My dishwasher has a 1.5" x 2" chrome cap rising above the sink. Water flows upwards inside this cap from the dishwasher and should return to the dishwasher. I took it apart and cleaned it out. The water flushes out of the cap onto the floor. How can this be corrected.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Unless I miss my guess that cap is actually a vent to your drain. It should allow air in and out of the pipes to allow proper draining without siphoning or gurgling. My guess is that your drain lines are partially plugged or even under sized. When water leaves the washer it is under pressure from the drain pump. Lets say its puming 4 gallons a minute but your drain can only handle 3 gallon. That cause it to back up into you chrome vent. Rod out your drains and maybe remove and clean the P trap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher... overflow on the sink [ 17 Answers ]

We just moved to a home and ran the dishwasher the first time today. The dishwasher is running fine except that water came out of the "thing" on the sink (the overflow? ) but its steady (not forcefull) when draining during both cycles. How do I fix this?

Dishwasher Overflow [ 1 Answers ]

My son recently installed a new garbage disposal for me, since that time our dishwasher is draining into the sink out of the air gap. The flow is so much that it is flooding the counter top. What did we do wrong? Did we need to drain the air gap hose? :eek:

Dishwasher overflow [ 3 Answers ]

Our dishwasher overflows every time we use it. It sprays out of the overflow as if it's a spray hose. I don't have any manual that would have suggestions. Please advise on some things I can do. Thank you:confused:

Dishwasher overflow [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into our house last November '05. We've used our GE Profile dishwasher MANY times and LOVE it. Tonight, during the wash cycle, it started flowing bubbles. LOTS OF BUBBLES. And no, I didn't put the wrong kind of detergent in. I used Cascade Dishwashing Liquid & filled the reservoir the same...

Gas valve noise on main valve engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier 58gs100ga furnace with a white rodgers 36e93 gas valve. The main gas valve solenoid chatters or rattles for a split second before it stays engaged after the pilot is proved. I just replace the spark/lock out board and the fan board for a different problem. This chatter is...

View more questions Search