Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bryce Higgins Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 12:12 PM
    Baseboard heater heaing with power on and no T stat.
    I have repalaced my T stat 3 time with no change. I have removed the wires from the T stat and the heater still heat up. They are powered buy a double 30 amp breaker.

Any info to help me fix this?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 01:32 PM
    I have repalaced my T stat 3 time with no change. I have removed the wires from the T stat and the heater still heat up. They are powered buy a double 30 amp breaker.

any info to help me fix this?

The control that the thermostats go to if so equipped might be your problem.

Nov 21, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Thanks.
    I may have not been to clear on my Question.

I have 3 baseboard heater on one T stat. They are run on two 30 amp breakers. The wire at the heaters is a large gage wire. The wire at the T stat is a small gage wire. I have nerver seen this before. I am not even sure where to start. I have change out the T stast 3 times. I also unhooked the wires at the T stat. the heater still come on and heat up with out the T stat hooked up. This has totally got me confused.
    Any Help would be great.
    PJmax Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Nov 22, 2012, 07:54 PM
    I'm guessing that you have two very small wires on the thermostat. That thermostat is connected to a heating controller like the one I left you a pic for. You need to trace the wiring. Especially from the T'stat. All the wiring will end up at the controller.

Here's one for you. On another help site... the person mentioned he was going to re-sheetrock the wall with the controller in it??

Hopefully not the case here.
    Attached Images

Nov 23, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PJmax View Post
    I'm guessing that you have two very small wires on the thermostat. That thermostat is connected to a heating controller like the one I left you a pic for. You need to trace the wiring. Especially from the T'stat. All the wiring will end up at the controller.

Here's one for you. On another help site.....the person mentioned he was going to re-sheetrock the wall with the controller in it ???????

Hopefully not the case here.
    Thanks PJmax. I am hopping that mine is in one of the heater? As I have no access to the ceiling are. There is a unit above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric baseboard stat. Wired to 2 heaters [ 1 Answers ]

I have wired two 240v baseboard heaters to a dimplex double pole td322w stat. Works fine for a long time, then doesn't shut off the heaters and the heat builds. When you turn the temp. dial there is no "click", you have to turn it off to stop the heat.

My baseboard heater only has power in the line side. [ 3 Answers ]

My baseboard heater is not heating up properly. I took a meter and tested the line and the load side in the heater and in the thermostat. I only have power in the line side (120 volts) but when I tested the load side no power in the baseboard or in the wall coming into the thermostat. Is this...

Unhooking (power) wiring to a baseboard heater [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me what wire(s) to disconnect to render a baseboard heater inoperable? I think it's a Dayton heater, about 4' in length. The heater itself is one of two that run off the same thermostat, and I want to shut one off since it's directly behind my armoire which holds the TV,...

Marley fan forced baseboard heater power to limit switch is it bad? [ 1 Answers ]

Could it be the limit switch?

Installing double pole wall t-stat baseboard heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 220 baseboard heater, and it is on dedicated circuit. Heater works okay as I have run wires straight through and turned on circuit breaker and heater works. This is a Marley baseboard heater and wall double pole thermostat. Instructions with thermostat leave a lot to be desired. Actual...

View more questions Search