Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harrity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 12:07 AM
    How can I make her more comfortable about sex?
    My girlfriend and I have been sexually involved for over a year. We started as a friends with benefits thing but for the past 6 months we’ve been dating very seriously. Before me she had been in a relationship that was on and off for 3 years, and before we dated she told me they used to blow through the boxes of condoms they purchased when they were together.

When we were friends with benefits we had sex all the time and started to become really close. But at a certain point (around when we came out that we had feelings) she started to shake at the end of each session, and I could tell something was up. She told me she was just REALLY nervous. She said there's no reason, she just is. This led us having less and less sex to the point where now it’s been almost 3 weeks without intercourse.

I’ve tried my best to be a gentleman and I’ve told her that I don’t want to if she doesn’t want to, and that’s still true. But it kills me knowing that my girlfriend, the person who took my virginity and the only person I can imagine myself being with doesn’t feel comfortable with me. I NEED help getting her to feel better! Any advice?
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2012, 01:57 PM
    If you're absolutely sure she doesn't know the cause of her anxiety, and if she's on birth control, I'd look there. Birth control could be affecting her hormones to the point where it causes weird behavior. Such as, anxiety.

In short, I'd have her talk to her doctor.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 04:21 PM
    There are so many reasons a girl stops having sex once in a relationship.

She could be worried about pregnancy. She could feel that now that she has you, she no longer has to put out. She could have anxiety issues.

I agree with Slapshot, it's time to rule out the physical by seeing a doctor. If all goes well there, then perhaps it's time for her to seek therapy and figure out where her issues are coming from.

Above all, be patient. It doesn't sound like she's doing this to hurt you, or punish you. It sounds like something is going on, that she herself doesn't understand. Keep supporting her, and try to get this resolved the best you can.

Good luck.
    harrity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    If you're absolutely sure she doesn't know the cause of her anxiety, and if she's on birth control, I'd look there. Birth control could be affecting her hormones to the point where it causes weird behavior. Such as, anxiety.

In short, I'd have her talk to her doctor.
    She recently got on birth control but its been like this before she was on the pill

Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    There are so many reasons why a girl stops having sex once in a relationship.

She could be worried about pregnancy. She could feel that now that she has you, she no longer has to put out. She could have anxiety issues.

I agree with Slapshot, it's time to rule out the physical by seeing a doctor. If all goes well there, then perhaps it's time for her to seek therapy and figure out where her issues are coming from.

Above all, be patient. It doesn't sound like she's doing this to hurt you, or punish you. It sounds like something is going on, that she herself doesn't understand. Keep supporting her, and try to get this resolved the best you can.

Good luck.
    Thanks! But yea I'm trying to be patient but a guy has his needs. But ill wait as long as she needs
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 21, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Your bodies have connected, now take time for your mind and souls to connect... if they can.

This is the first test of working together through honest communication and caring and sharing more than just your bodies.

We all are pretty good with that, and is no indication of a long happy future together. Yeah a guy has need, but so do females.

Find what her needs are and if you can meet them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to make limping puppy comfortable until tomorrow's vet visit. Suggestions? [ 12 Answers ]

My 2-month old rescue pup fell yesterday when he squirmed out of my 12-yr old's arms. From her recounting he was only about a foot off the ground, but his paw squarely hit her music stand. He yelped and whimpered for about a minute until he came to me. He settled down right away. She feels...

How can I make our elderly rabbit comfortable? [ 9 Answers ]

Our rabbit is elderly, but up until this week, she was always very active and interested and energetic. Now suddenly, she has lost all interest in food, just wants to sit in one place and really looks her age. We've brought her into the kitchen where we can keep her warm, and she has perked up a...

Boss tries to make me feel more comfortable around him? [ 9 Answers ]

I have worked for this company almost five years (USA). For four years my CEO never spoke or even looked at me. Last year when he fired my boss, he hired a consultant, and he started to talk highly about me and how smart I am. Every time I meet him and if just two of us, he always talks and...

View more questions Search