Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Mar 13, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Does anyone know any good leg exercises?
    :) Hi again,
    Does anyone know any good exercises for your legs? I really want to burn the fat off, and gain muscle.Anything would be great even if it is just one exercise.Thanks a million.:)
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 13, 2007, 07:45 PM
    I know this because I had to basically rebuild my legs after a sports injury. It is a process. If you have access to a gym start our with calf raises, leg extensions, leg curls and squats. It is not important to use a lot of weight. In fact start with ligh weight. Now you have to walk or jog in order to burn the fat. Three miles three times per week walking or jogging and you will have ripped quads in about a month.

Mar 14, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Thanks, any suggestions on what foods I should stay away from? Which ones would be good replacements?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by addy
    :) Hi again,
    Does anyone know any good exercises for your legs??I really want to burn the fat off, and gain muscle.Anything would be great even if it is just one exercise.Thanks a million.:)
    Some good starter exercises for legs are running, and strength training leg exercise such as these:
    Leg extensions- sit on a chair with your ankles directly below your knees, use a stretch band for resistance, extend your left leg out, don't lock knees, then slowly lower, start with 12 reps. Build up

Leg curls- Lie face down on floor using a stretch band for resistance, curl your left heel - bring left left toward your buttocks then release, 12 reps, repeat with other leg. Work on more when it easy

Calf press- stand with feeet-hipwidth apart, with a dumbbell in each hand (5-8 lbs), raise your heels till your on your toes, then slowly lower 12 reps. This is a good start for beginners, Running, or jogging is also excellent for leg workouts.

Mar 15, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Thakns lovelesspa, those sound like pretty simple exercises for me:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exercises for abs [ 4 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I want to know what types of exercises are good for gaining abs. How much of them do you have to do in a week? And how long it takes to see an effect?

2 maths exercises [ 3 Answers ]

1. A pipe fills a pool in 4 hours, another pipe drains a full pool in 6 hours. How long will it take to fill the pool if both pipes are opened? 2. A pool is connected with 3 pipes. Two pipes fill the pool and one drains it. It takes 3 hours for first pipe to fill the pool and 2 hours for the 2nd...

Home Exercises [ 6 Answers ]

For several months, I was taking a 30-45 minute walk around my neighborhood as my exercise for the day. However, it is now too cold out for me to do that. I would like to know what kind of exercise I can do in the house to substitute for the walking that does not involve spending money. There is...

Exercises to do when you are overweight [ 3 Answers ]

My sister is very overweight around the middle but her back stops her from doing sit ups , she can't walk more than about 20 steps and she has to stop. She had back surgery 2 years ago and she is still in pain. She is 58 yrs old and has had panic attacks and anxiety attacks when you least expect...

Quadracep Exercises [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to strenghthen my quads using an at home exercise. I don't have access to a gym. Any suggestions? Thanks. >>>Marco

View more questions Search