Mar 13, 2007, 07:35 PM
    determining if it a solution
    the question is how do you determine if it is a solution to both -6 & 2

the equation is 4x + y = -22
    y = -3/9 ( a fraction) x
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Just put in -6 and 2 for x and y respectively, then simplify. If both sides equal the same number, then it is a solution!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Determining Age of washer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Was curious if there is a way to determine manufacture date on washer & dryer by the model, serial or stock numbers on the equipment. They are KitchenAids. Thanks. Sandi

Determining if a man you are dating is on drugs [ 5 Answers ]

There is a man I have been seeing on and off for a while, and I am trying to determine whether he is addicted to drugs, prescription or otherwise. How can you tell, whenever I ask he flatly denies or will not answer me directly. I need to know. I do not date him anymore, but I am curious to know...

Determining if we can add a bath [ 3 Answers ]

Been reading the site a bit trying to learn my options Looking at buying a (small) house, with one somewhat small bathroom, but a larger laundry/etc room. It's on a slab foundation. Has a septic system. Can't beat the price and location, but would really be necessary to have at least a half...

Determining the asset type [ 1 Answers ]

What type of assets are oil reserves, gold mines, and U.S. Treasury notes? Are they fixed, intangible, natural resources?

Determining Values from a 3variable equation [ 1 Answers ]

How would you determine the values of k if the graph of y=2x^2-2x+3k intersects the x-axis at two distinct points? I was wondering too just aside from the question how do you check if an equation is congruent to another, by hand? I had to find the equation of a parabola that opens downward...

View more questions Search