What do you usually feed him?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2012, 05:44 PM
    And your vet says?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 05:50 PM
    So you're going to wait until how long before you get treatment for this dog? Skin and bones, won't keep anything down... the animal is wasting away... it needs a vet now.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
    I third the suggestion for a vet.

If you yourself can't get the dog to eat, or keep food down, and he's wasting away, there's nothing at all that we can do online.

There's something going on here, and only a vet can diagnose what it is.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2012, 06:49 PM
    I don't get it... why do you own a pet if you do not intend of taking care of it? Do you think that these animals are machines and will never need to be seen by a vet?

If an animal is "skin and bones" and isn't keeping down any food or water.. Either go out back and shoot the thing in the head and put it out of its misery, or take it to the shelter and relinquish the pet from your lack of care.

And please, for the love all living things, do not ever own another animal. That is complete torture and animal abuse that you, and others, take on the responsibility of a pet and let it "waste away".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pitbull black lab mix won't eat food but will drink a little bit of water [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot afford the vet prices but love my dogs to death is their any way ican comfort her through this my other puppy pulled through but itt like she is giving up

3yr old puggle won't touch her food [ 2 Answers ]

My 3yr old puggle won't touch her food until very late in the afternoon or later. She used to gobble it up right when I put her food out(9:00am). She would eat it all and then I would pick up her bowl. But know I leave it out so that she can eat beacause she won't eat when she's supposed to. I got...

Dog food to add weight to dog? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 5 y.o. male German Shepherd Dog that has a good appetite but is hard to keep weight on. His thyroid has been tested, he is normal, his stool sample is always negative,he is on Heart worm tablet year round. His stool's are firm. His coat is shiny and nice I feed him Diamond Chicken/Rice...

My dog lost a lot of weight and isn't eating her food. What's wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

I took her to the vet and the vet said she looked good, but that was just a general check up. Libby, my dog, would eat anything and everything even bugs and salads, but not anymore. Also, she still drinks the same amount of water. She's 8 years old now so she is considered a senior dog. She has...

View more questions Search