Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2012, 05:34 PM
    Well, great - you're a musician. A lot of shy people are involved in music, it's a great thing to use to find your crowd. Does your school or community have a band or orchestra you can join? I was in a band at my high school and it was terrific for meeting friends.

It's fine that you don 't wear makeup. And just a tip - lots of boys don't like makeup on girls, so if you don't like wearing it, well - don't then!

It sounds like you're just shy. A lot of people are shy and I think what helps in that situation is to find things you can do with other people where you can just join, and other people just join, and you end up together. Because there's an activity, there's not so much pressure to talk, and there's also something to talk about. As you get more comfortable, you'll find it easier to talk to them in time, so you just keep going even if it's a little awkward at first.

Another activity that's great for you to consider is theater. If your community or school does plays or musicals, that's a great way to meet people. You'd think only outgoing people would be involved in theater but actually, many shy people are drawn to acting because they can pretend to be someone else, which makes it easier for them to be loud or talkative or whatever. And if you don't like being on stage, stage crew is a blast - costumes, sets, lighting and so on are really fun and you can learn with the group how to do it.

Be patient with yourself. Many girls and boys your age are shy and self-concious and it's also just a generally tough time. When kids are little, friends are kind of determined based on who's in your classroom at school, or who lives on your street. As you get a little older, it has more to do with who has things in common with you, and making the transition from being a kid to being an older teenager is tough. It will work out and you will find your crowd. Just do what you love, and you'll attract people who will see you enjoying yourself and doing well at your interests.
    PokeNiamh Posts: 17, Reputation: -3

Nov 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Thanks for all the help! People seem to be noticing me more and actually being nice! ^_^
    I did join an orchestra in school, and I have made a new friend; this really nice boy who plays clarinet. I think I may actually get some more friends if I keep trying!! Thanks again!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2012, 01:09 PM
    How cool is that!! What do you play in the orchestra?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2012, 05:20 PM
    That's great - enjoy orchestra! And another thing - you can either wait around for other people to make you their friend, or you can be the one doing the choosing. If you are the planner of the fun stuff, everyone will want to know you. Ask other kids to join you for a movie, over to your house for dinner, or whatever kids like to do in your area. You will find that sometimes, it just takes for one person in a group to start suggesting socializing outside of the group activities, and then it spreads and other kids start planning things, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I skip a grade in middle school to go to high school by taking a test online? [ 10 Answers ]

How can I skip a grade in middle school to go to high school by taking a test online?

Custodial parent let 14 yr old quit school. Child is 16, lying about home school [ 12 Answers ]

Custodial parent in Williamsport, Indiana PERMITTED 14 yr old daughter quit school. Now she's 16, and they're lying about home school AND PRIVATE SCHOOL EDUCATION. (1)They do not have internet access/ educational books or enough education or skill to provide home school education. (2) Isn't it...

How to get high school transcripts from a closed school in arlingon Texas tx [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get my high school transcripts from a closed school The school was James Bowie Highscool in Arlington Texas??

View more questions Search