Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bebobob Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Windows/7 vs Windows/XP - HP PSC 1210 all-in-one Printer
    I have just obtained a new PC with Windows/7 installed. I attached my HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer to the new PC. Windows automatically downloaded and installed the latest driver. I downloaded and ran the HP printer analysis tool & was told the correct driver is installed. When I print internet PDF forms the vertical bars are shifted back and forth.

| xxxxxxxxx |
    |yyyyyyyyy |
    |aaaaaaaaa|
    | zzzzzzzzzz|

I reattached the printer to my old PC and confirmed that the internet PDF files print without any problems.

Windows/7 will NOT let me use/install the drivers from the printer setup CD.

Any help would be appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2012, 02:46 PM
    Not all drivers are fully compatible with Win 7. Your HP PSC 1210 is more than 5 years old. The average life span of an inkjet is 3-5 years. So you got your money's worth. I would suggest getting a new printer. You can find several printers in HP's line that are much improved over the 1210.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows 7 printer spooler problem [ 0 Answers ]

In windows 7 printer spooler keep stoping I open services and start spooler but it keep stoping after few minute

Trouble with windows 7 and Lexmark printer [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to print on a Lexmark e328 printer on a home network using an HP laptop running Windows 7 64bit. I have downloaded the drivers from Lexmark and Windows does not like them. The drivers are supposed to be for Windows 7 64 bit. Can anyone help?

Windows printer error [ 2 Answers ]

We are unable to reinstall the HP4315 Ofiicejet printer software. We keep getting this error: This service is stopped and needs to be running for installation to continue. Click Fix to have the installer start the service. Service: Spooler Manuracturer: Microsoft Descripton: Loads files...

Removing a printer in Windows 98 [ 12 Answers ]

I am having problems with my printer (HP5151) so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but when it asks for the USB cable to be plugged in hangs - anyone know of a solution? How about deleting the registry entries - what entries need to be deleted? HP were no help!

View more questions Search