Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NirvanaBleach Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 09:57 AM
    My girlfriend said she loves me but doesn't want a relationship
    Okay so me and my (ex)girlfriend have been going out for about a year now and we fought a lot but always made up the next day or so . She always told me that she never wanted to break up with me , she would always tell me that and she even promised but yestersay she ended up breaking up with me . And told me that she still loves me but she doesn't want a relationship right now , she said it was because I was always on her case . Like I'm a jealous guy so I was always worrying about what she is doing or going , but yesterday when she told me she wanted to break up she said she will come back no matter how long it takes . And she told me she promised she will , and she isn't that kind of girl that just leaves me alone that easy , she was also a jealous type and also worried about what I was doing. I just want to know if she really meant if she will be back ?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2012, 03:12 PM
    I have no idea what she meant. It sounds like she doesn't either. I would just assume she broke up with you and she's not coming back. Your relationship sounds kind of ridiculous.

Spend your energy working on your controlling, jealous tendencies. They can quickly escalate into abuse and usually while you're trying hard to hold on tight to the girl, you're suffocating her and driving her nuts and insulting her integrity and you end up doing the opposite of what you intended to do and push her away. You're going to need some counseling for this - not the end of the world, most people need help with one thing or another and you can learn to manage these controlling, jealous thought patterns.

What I always tell my son is to look for the relationship he wants, not the person he wants. When we try to look for a person, we focus on really shallow things like appearance. When we look for a particularl type of relationship, we focus on things like compatibility, how we treat each other, what it feels like to be together, how we spend our time, how we work together toward shared goals and whether we even share our goals. It sounds like you're attracted to and care for this girl, but you don't treat each other well and it doesn't sound very fun. Those are two huge deal breakers in my mind.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2012, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBleach
    I just wanna know if she really meant if she will be back ?
    No.

First, you never had a true relationship because you never trusted her.

Don't confuse extreme jealousy with care and love. Boyfriends, girlfriends, even parents make this mistake.

You ought to stay single for a while until you overcome your insecurities regarding trust.

Nov 24, 2012, 01:49 AM
    My ex girlfriend wants to lose it to me?
    So me and my (ex)girlfriend recently broke up , and she told me she's not over me and she still loves and misses me a lot.. but she said its not really the Same anymore and she tells me that she just wants to be friends.. But she's confusing me cause she wants to lose it to me.. All I really want to know is if she will come back to me and if her feelings will come back if she loses it to me , will she become attached to me after that?. I really love her . And I want her back in my life.. I just want her to come back to me .
    anon21 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 04:34 AM
    First of, How long have you been together and How old are you both?

Nov 24, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anon21 View Post
    First of, How long have you been together and How old are you both?
    Um for 1 year and we're 16
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Tell her no. Only if you are over 18 and she is too and you two are in a long-time, committed relationship will you have sex with anyone.

Sex is not for playing games, Sex is not a bargaining chip.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 07:29 PM
    Why are you even talking to this girl who is just keeping you on a string until something better comes along.

She wants you hopeful and available, confused and stuck. She dumped you so forget the promise of sex, and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend still loves me but doesn't want a relationship right now. [ 1 Answers ]

I was dating a girl for 9 months. I love her really, and she loves and trust me more tha n I can think. We were perfect as a couple. There were no disturbance between us. Her mom also supported our relationship. But the perfect couple, went to a hell. I was alone with her in her room, when her mom...

My ex girlfriend still loves me but doesn't want a relationship right now [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys, I started going out with my ex feb 2007... we broke up in dec 2009 because I kissed another girl and felt so guilty I told her (biggest mistake of my life). She told me she didn't want to break up but thought it was best to have a break for a while. Meanwhile we still talked most days but...

Girlfriend loves me BUT she doent want to have a relationship with me [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I used to live in UK (9 years) but my origins are Greek. I was in a long term relationship (19 months) when I and my girlfriend split up (if you can say that). We had few problems mainly with trust as I caught her being out drinking and flirting. We had our arguments but she...

My girlfriend says she loves me but doesn't want a relationship right now [ 10 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and my (ex)girlfriend is about to turn 22 we have been together 4 months. I know it seems short but we both felt something true and real that we have never felt before. We both agree that our relationship has been amazing the whole time, constantly getting better and better. We...

My girlfriend say she still loves me but is done with being in a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

We have been going out for about 7 months and everything seemed to be fine. Then she went on vacation to Florida for about a week and a half. A week in, I got upset because she didn't seem to be intersted in using the very little time she had free to call or text me. That same day, I was grounded,...

View more questions Search