Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paige041 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 07:42 AM
    3rd interview & no response
    Good morning, I have a question regarding receiving a response from an interview. I have gone on 3 interviews with a company and was in contact several times with the HR manager. She indicated that all 3 interviews went very well and that everyone involved in the interview process was impressed. I was told the decision to hire would be made last Friday and that I would hear back from HR promptly. However it is now a week and a half later with no response. I have sent an email to the HR rep I was in contact with previously and my email has also gone unanswered. What is my recourse at this point? Should I follow up with a phone call to HR in a few more days? Any help/feedback would be appreciated.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 07:50 AM
    I wouldn't bug them too much; just sit tight and wait. Their decision, if they had a lot of applicants, and all good ones, including you, is probably taking longer then anticipated.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 07:55 AM
    Have you sent a paper thank-you note to the interviewer/HR?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Excellent idea Wondergirl. We used to do that years ago, sending a thank you through the mail. We have lost some of the good habits in lieu of e mail.
    paige041 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 12:14 PM
    I sent thank you's to both the HR director and the head of the dept where I would be working as I met with both of them. It's just very strange esp considering I was in email contact with the HR director almost daily from the 1st interview. I am at a loss and feel that this is very unprofessional and disrespectful. I can completely understand if it was a 1st interview and I did not hear back I would chalk that up to they just weren't interested. However 3 interviews and outstanding feedback from everyone involved it's just maddening.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paige041 View Post
    I sent thank you's to both the HR director and the head of the dept where I would be working as I met with both of them. It's just very strange esp considering I was in email contact with the HR director almost daily from the 1st interview. I am at a loss and feel that this is very unprofessional and disrespectful. I can completely understand if it was a 1st interview and I did not hear back I would chalk that up to they just weren't interested. However 3 interviews and outstanding feedback from everyone involved it's just maddening.
    It hasn't been that long. They are probably still interviewing. One can do only so many in a day, and after each, the HR staff would pow-wow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For a ROTP / RMC interview what questions would I be asked at the interview [ 0 Answers ]

I need help with preparing for the ROTP / RMC interview - how can I prepare. What are the officers interviewing looking for?

Don't interview very well, interview with AIG IN THE MORNING SECOND INTERVIEW [ 1 Answers ]

Don't interview very well, interview with AIG IN THE MORNING SECOND INTERVIEW

Getting a divorce before 1st interview of marriage based green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm living in america since 2003 decemeber, 1st I had a f1 then I transfer to h1b and now I'm on marriage based green card status, I'm getting a divorce to my wife and my interview 1st interview is due in a week ,what's going to happen to my status after that I have no criminal record no bad...

View more questions Search