Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lachagaquestion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 12:37 PM
    What kind of kitchen sink is required for a garbage disposal?
    My house was built in 1955. It has a double stainless steel kitchen sink, both drains have drain screens atached to the botom of the sink that cannot be detached or opened to alow for a garbage disposal opening, what can be done? Will I have to replace the entire sink?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 18, 2012, 01:30 PM
    I can't buy into that! I've been installing SS sinks ever since they came out and never saw one with built in basket strainers. Can you post an picture, Look under the drain. If you see a nut then it can be removed. B If your sink has a brand name I'd like that also. Back to you. Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2012, 02:20 PM
    Never saw a sink, particularly SS, that could not be fitted with a disposal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink/Garbage Disposal back up into Basement Utility Sink [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Our house is an expanded & completely remodelled older home, with new main floor kitchen incl. garbage disposal and dishwasher which drains into kitchen sink line. Our kitchen sink drain will sometimes backup into our utility sink in the basement, including solid food particles from the...

Can I install a garbage disposal on sink in kitchen island? [ 1 Answers ]

Can a garbage disposal be installed under a "vegetable sink" (that's on a big kitchen island). I have access to drain/underneath. There appears to be room but I don't know if the pipes connected to this sink would carry the "stuff" out like my main kitchen sink & disposal. Why in the world would...

Kitchen sink leak at garbage disposal flange [ 2 Answers ]

I have a re-occurring problem with the flange in the bottom of my stainless steel sink. I have installed it several times over the years and it will leak after time. I put plumbers putty under it and it holds the longest, but after time it seems to dry up and start to seep again. I have tried a dry...

Double kitchen sink w/garbage disposal and dishwasher [ 4 Answers ]

Installed new counter and sink several years ago. Problem is that when I put the stopper in one side and fill with water the garbage disposal side drains VERY slow. The never was an air gap installed. It drains into the garbage disposal.. no problem there. The sink is deeper than the old one....

Does Kitchen Sink Sprayer Go On Same Side As Garbage Disposal? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a double bowl kitchen sink. Does the sprayer go on same bowl as the garbage disposal or on the opposite bowl?

View more questions Search