Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsanlin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Silk vs Acrylic nails
    What is the best type of nails (Silk vs Acrylic)?
    kwoodscordova Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Never heard of Silk? I have heard of Gel is that what you are talking about?
    shannonoleyar Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2007, 09:43 PM
    If silk is the same as gel, then I personally like them better than acrylic. They do not sand your natural nail bed and they are shiny longer, break less than acrylic and usaully don't lift on the sides like acrylic does. If you want white tips (french manicure) then ask for white tips instead of airbrushing (spray painting) the white on to the tip. The airbrush paint chips off after a few days but the white tips will not chip in color. They also can do the same white tips on acrylic nails... ask for a it (usually referred to as pink and white, depending on where you live).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acrylic Tub [ 3 Answers ]

Ten months ago we had our bathroom remodeled and, in turn, a new acrylic tub installed by our contractor. Now, there is a crack approximately 12inches long running down the middle of the tub and the area is bowed. We are assuming there was no concrete or mortar placed before the tub was inserted....

Acrylic vs. Silk nails [ 9 Answers ]

I am considering fake nails, but know nothing about them. What is the difference between acrylic, silk or gell set? Do they damage real nails? Which is the least damaging? I want a french manicure and understand that certain types of artificial nails have the polish in/on them and do not chip. ...

Acrylic tub repair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there... I chipped a small corner of my acrylic tub as I as putting it in :mad: :mad: :mad: Any good products to repair it? I have the piece that chipped off and plan on gluing it back on, but you can still see the outline of the chip... Also, how are cpvc stub outs secured? Thanks.

Allergy to acrylic nails [ 1 Answers ]

I've worn acrylic nails for years. Just recently I noticed when I get my nails filled or have new nails put on, my fingers become sore, red and itch. I assume I have become allergic to either the primer or the acrylic itself. Has anyone had a similar occurrence, and if so did you find another...

T-nails [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Using W2K pro and have a bunch of jpg photos in folders. Now at one time when I open a folder I could see all thumbnails of photos(actual picture) and just scroll through to pick them. But somewhere along the lines aka program change or removal, I no longer see them instead an icon of what...

View more questions Search