Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vikkimac80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 03:34 AM
    My puppy has been sick
    I have a 13 week old 3/4 bulldog 1/4 staff, my friend looked after him on Friday afternoon and stupidly gave him a digestive biscuit, he also ate a garlic clove, then on Friday night he was sick twice, he was fine on Saturday and was eating, playing, chewing and fine on his walk, he slept fine on Saturday night as usual but woke up at 6am and was a tiny bit sick and it was white froth, he then ate his breakfast went for a wee and poo and again has been fine, but I am a bit worried about him, do you have any idea and do I need to take him to the vet?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 18, 2012, 04:15 AM
    It sounds like just puppy sensitive digestion, but congratulations on being careful and concerned.

I'd think the garlic might have been more upsetting than the biscuit (but not harmful), but the big question is did your friend not notice it falling on the floor.

It's vital with puppies and even dogs to keep an eye on what food they get hold of, especially bones of course. Also what small indigestible objects might be swallowed and either have a tough time being excreted, or more seriously, get stuck in the throat and cause suffocation very quickly. Make sure toys such as balls are too big to swallow.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 04:17 AM
    Aside from eating the biscuit and a garlic clove your description of his activities after sound quite normal. I wouldn't worry about the white foam.
    Vikkimac80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 04:19 AM
    Thanks, as it's my first puppy I get a bit paranoid and worried
    skb6336 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 12:37 AM
    Smell his breath, if it has a really strong acid type smell I would be suspicious of Parvo. Bulldogs pups have a high rate of having this. If he stops wanting food or water and you find him sleeping more & more... You'd be better off getting him checked. You didn't mention if you started him on his puppies shots yet? He needs them, if not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

I have a sick puppy and don't know what to do! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my new puppy from the humane society 4 days ago and now he is sick!! He has a lack of appetite, vomiting and diarrhea. I took him to the vet the day after I got him and nothing was wrong... now it Sunday and I can't seam to reach anyone... HELP!! :confused:

Sick puppy [ 3 Answers ]

So my puppy is 4 months. I notice last night he had this deep cough for his small squeeky voice I'm very concern if it's normal or should I do something I also notices that he's has been sneezing a few time's a day well if anyone can help me thanks:)

I think our puppy is sick [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I hope some can help. Yesterday, we noticed our 10 week old (we got him approx a week ago) puppy's eyes were watery (clear, no milky or coloring) and a bite of sneezing. So we immediately took him to the vet for a checkup. Vet says everything seems fine... healthy breathing,...

View more questions Search