Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarahwills Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 01:21 AM
    I need help with finding Internal rate of return?
    I have a problem to solve.

A 2 year investment of $2000 results in a cash flow of $150 at the end of the first year and another cash flow of $150 at the end of the second year, in addition to the return of the original investment. What is the internal rate of return on the investment?

Answer: 7.5%

From this question, in a 2 year investment is CF0= -2000, CF1= 150, CF2= 150. I am confuse of the sentence ( in addition to the return of the original investment. Why I can't find the IRR? Based on my assumption of CF0= -2000, CF1= 150, CF2= 150. Why is it wrong? I can't get 7.5%. Could anyone please help me?

Thank you!
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Nov 18, 2012, 07:33 AM
    What they mean is that at the end of the second year, the investment returns not only 150 but also returns back the original investment amount of 2,000. Thus the three cash flows are, in order,
    -2,000; +150; +2,150.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRR,Internal rate of return [ 1 Answers ]

What is the internal rate of return of an investment that costs $125 and produces cash flows of $15 per year forever.

IRR,Internal rate of return [ 1 Answers ]

An investment of $210 produces a perpetual stream of cash inflows. Next year, the cash inflow will be $10.50, and the cash inflow will grow at 5% per year. What is the internal rate of return on this investment?

Average rate of return, net present value, internal rate of return, & payback period [ 3 Answers ]

CAM Company is evaluating a project requiring a capital expenditure of $619,200. The project has an estimated life of four years and no salvage value. The estimated net income and net cash flow from the project are as follows: Year Net Income ...

Internal rate of return, net present value, return on invextment [ 1 Answers ]

what do we mean by internal rate of return, net present value and average annual return on investments? What do they imply? And, how are they computed?

View more questions Search