Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markstarr21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 04:27 PM
    Garage door opener closes stops closes stops
    I have a craftsman garage door opener, 1/2 hp motor, approx 10 years old. Door opens fine, closes about a third of the way, then must be prompted several times with remote or manual switch to get fully closed. Sensors have been cleaned, lights do not flash off an on... is this a solenoid or relay issue?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 09:52 AM
    I tried everything when mine did the same thing, and it is the same model as yours. Last week a repair man came out and adjusted the tension, along with realigning the sensors and it started working again. When you pass by the sensors, do the lights flash on the opener?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage door will open only if I hold the opener button, but closes fine. [ 5 Answers ]

Garage door will only open if I hold the opener button. It closes fine, but will only open if I hold the opener button down. The remotes do not work the same and will not open the door at all.

When my Liftmaster 1150LC garage door closes, it opens up again without prompting. [ 0 Answers ]

The garage door opener responds when prompted to close. However, after closing fulling, it immediately goes into the open cycle and goes back up. There are no physical obstructions in the track.

My remote closes the garage door but it won't open it what could I do? [ 1 Answers ]

It even stops it if you push the button while its opening or closing but when it is closed all the way it will not open it

View more questions Search