Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelmom3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 07:35 AM
    Pay period 15&30th how long can they hold check after paydays
    I live in Illinois pay periods the 15th and 30th how long can they keep check after those pay periods before they give them to us
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 07:40 AM
    Is this the pay date, ( not pay period) at many jobs I am paid the week following a pay period.

Terms and usage can be issues.

What day or days do you get paid on ?

How long have you worked there ? Example, if this is your first month, and you started on the 1st, you don't get a check normally till the 30th, not the 15th since there is a processing time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Once you quit a job how long can they hold check? [ 11 Answers ]

I quit my job 2-1-2011. The company is stating they can hold my check legally for 20 days. If true does the 20 start from the day I quit or 20 days from when the pay period ends? 20 days from ending pay period would make it a total of 31 days of holding my check. Please help this company has been...

How long can a company hold my pay check? [ 0 Answers ]

I am an individual contractor for a promotional company. Ive worked for this company since June 2010 on several promotional events and my employer hasn't paid me yet. He has told me several times that he is going to pay me eventually but I feel it is illegal for him to withhold my pay for such a...

I started my period on the 24th and it ended on the 28th I had sex on the 30th and we [ 1 Answers ]

I started my period on the 24th and it ended on the 28th I had sex on the 30th and we are trying to conceive is there a chance I could be pregnant ?

How long will a bank hold a check for [ 1 Answers ]

I applied for a private student loan over two months ago. It has taken an unbelievable amount of time to process the loan, but Monday my rep called me and informed me everything was complete. She said the check would be sent out in four days and arrive in up to seven days. My concern is how long...

View more questions Search