Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuffysmomma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 02:25 AM
    He has been throwing up all day & drinking water like CRAZY! He drinks so much that he throws up as soon as he's done drinking.. also... he is laying across my lap & I have him covered up with a blanket & I can literally feel his heart pounding super fast on my leg.. I'm nowhere near a Vet right now so please help.. & thank you in advance...

He has been throwing up all day & drinking water like CRAZY! He drinks so much that he throws up as soon as he's done drinking.. also... he is laying across my lap & I have him covered up with a blanket & I can literally feel his heart pounding super fast on my leg.. I'm nowhere near a Vet right now so please help.. & thank you in advance...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 02:36 AM
    Even if a vet was on line this very moment, there is nothing he can do, except say keep the dog still, let it have water, and keep warm.

Beyond that, the dog needs a exam by a vet and very soon.

I don't understand, not near a vet, everyone is NEAR a vet these days. I am sitting in the middle of China and there is a vet about 5 blocks from me
    tuffysmomma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 02:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Even if a vet was on line this very moment, there is nothing he can do, except say keep the dog still, let it have water, and keep warm.

Beyond that, the dog needs a exam by a vet and very soon.

I don't understand, not near a vet, everyone is NEAR a vet these days. I am sitting in the middle of China and there is a vet about 5 blocks from me
    Thank you for your reply... & I live in West Texas in a town that has less than 500 people.. the closest vet to me is right at 100 miles frm here.. So u said for me to give him water even though he throws it all up as soon as he's done drrinking it? He is really drinking A LOT of water..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 17, 2012, 04:16 AM
    He may have something small stuck in his throat and is trying to get it back up, or he ate something that is hurting his stomach and he's also trying to get it back up. He needs an X-ray for one thing.
    I'd let him have water, since it's coming back up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sick 2 year old [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old has white spots on his throat a high fever and vomiting. We took him in on Sunday they tested for strep it was negative however he is still sick with all of the symptoms. Should we take him back in?

Sick 3 year old [ 1 Answers ]

My three year old began running fever last night. She is resting good, drinking lots and having normal stools. I have give her Tylenol every four hours. Could she still be cutting teeth or could it be a summer cold that needs to run its course?

Sick 7 year old [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 year old daughter has had green stools for over 4 days, she now complaining of abdominal pain and nausea.

7 year old been sick on and off all day [ 2 Answers ]

My little boy who's 7 years old has been sick all day when he eats or drinks. He's been sleeping off and on all day and had a touch of the runs. Do you think he has the flu or a bug? Am I doing something wrong, because I keep giving him water and he's a bit hot.

10 year old sick cat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My 10 year old cat began today acting strange and unwell. He was not wanting to go out, lethargic, and has half open eyes. Then he began walking in counter-clockwise circles with some unstability in his back legs. I don't know what to do.

View more questions Search