Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZzZBadluckZzZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Dog issues
    I have this blue heeler I had him for 4 or more months now, This problem started when he was a puppy,when I first got him, when ever I tried to play with him he would start bitting not a nibble a bite or he would pull on your clothes trying to rip them. The bites are starting to get worst and so is the pulling on clothes he is starting to tear holes into clothes and making scars or scratches when he bites. Also he has been chewing on stuff and my mom said if he keeps chewing on stuff we have to give him away. I put him in the cage when he chews stuff, but when my moms boyfriend sees my dog chewing or doing something wrong he hits him and puts him in the cage. I have gotten many warnings from my parents saying if he chews anything up he is gone. Please reply as soon possible , I really don't want to loose him.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 07:32 AM
    Blue Heeler breed are working dogs, Badluck, and need a lot of exercise or they become bored. I consider the treatment of your pup by your mother's b/f extreme abuse and does nothing to instil good habits in this lovely animal. If you can't train your dog properly, abuse him and cage him constantly, then I suggest you re-home him to someone who can handle and train him properly.

Blue Heeler Information, Pictures of Blue Heelers | Dogster
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Instead of telling you to re-home your dog, how about get you, your mom and her boyfriend go sign up for puppy classes?

This sounds like a puppy that has no direction. Dogs that are allowed to do whatever they want become very bad dogs. Chewing, destroying and so on is a direct result of a dog/puppy that hasn't learned how to behave himself.

The biting, chewing and bad behaviors you are experiencing are actually normal puppy behaviors. Without the correct type of discipline and guidance to go in the right direction, these specific behaviors only get worse.

Does your puppy have lots of toys? If so, anytime the puppy has something that he shouldn't have, take away the item he has with a firm "no", than immediately give him his toy. With consistency on everyone's part, this easy technique will teach your dog what he can destroy and what he cannot.. and if everyone participates, this technique is one of the very rare "quick" fixes in dog training.

Yes healers are a working breed, but there are many people who own them as pets and they do just fine. You just need to remember that this breed does need obedience started at an early age and to be exercised often.

These are things that all dog owners need to understand and start getting into the habit of doing. Dogs are not stuffed animals, they need attention, discipline and love. If that is not realistic for anyone, than re-homing is a good option.. Taking care of a dog is not specific to any age range either.. I was knee-deep in dogs when I was very young. To kill two birds with one stone, how about you join 4-H and learn how to show and take care of your puppy? 4-H is a very positive experience for everyone involved and due to the training lasting longer than 6-8wks, the obedience training is much more useful than a quick run through at petsmart/petco. Just some food for thought.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
    Lucky, I think we are dealing with a troll, starting trouble on the dog forum, and if I had enough time I could probably dig up some other posts abouth this 'blue heeler'
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2012, 10:43 PM
    Maybe.. Although this is the only post that this person posted..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insecure issues and trust issues [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and was touched as a child. My dad wasn't there so I feel like no man will ever love me. I don't really have a hard time find one I just have a hard time keeping one. I feel like I push them away with my trust issues and insert. I want a relationship so bad but I'm not sure if I'm...

Having issues? [ 0 Answers ]

Been discharging white thick and vagina lips feel as if they are scratched, what do I do?

Girlfriend trust issues and my own issues. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My girlfriend and I have been dating for nearly a year and she still has some major trust issues and I will admit I still have a very minor lying problem that I admitted to my girlfriend when we first started dating. Not exactly the best combo, but we wanted to date regardless. So as...

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

View more questions Search