Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomas600 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 11:53 AM
    Resident and work in one state family lives in another
    I live and work in Alaska where I am a resident but my family lives in Arizona do I have to pay taxes to Arizona
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
    You pay in Alaska...
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 16, 2012, 12:31 PM
    If you were not a resident at all of AZ in 2012, and have no AZ sources of income, then you do not owe and AZ income tax on your income. Assuming you are married and your wife is a resident of AZ you would file form 140NR (NR=non-resdident) for your AZ taxes; with this form you exempt all your non-AZ sources of income from AZ taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Primary Residence - live/work in one state while family lives in another state [ 1 Answers ]

I jointly own a home in NY with my wife and this is our primary residence today. My wife is a home maker and does not go out for work. Recently I got a job with a company in Massachussettes. We decided to buy a condo near work in Massachussettes where I would live 4 days a week and come home to my...

State Filing where husband lives in PA, wife lives in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

In 2008, my husband lived and worked in PA, while I worked in PA, but lived in NJ. We would like to file jointly for our federal taxes, but are not sure how to file for the state taxes. Should I file MFS for my NJ taxes, and he file MFS for his PA taxes or should we file using another option?

NY state Resident work in New Jersey [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to file both state taxes as well?

NY state Resident work in New Jersey [ 1 Answers ]

Nothing like procrastination! I thank anyone who takes time out of their day to help me. My fiancé lives in New York State but works in New Jersey how would I go about filing state taxes for her?what forms would I use? Can I just use a credit form for NJ state taxes paid for my New York...

View more questions Search