Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suganaro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 06:03 PM
    How quick does Parvo Virus take effect?
    My 8 month old pup has signs of Parvo. But it has hit her only in a few hours and she has all the symptoms of parvo including the bloody stools. She is usually a hypo girl but last night she was different compared to earlier in the afternoon.. she was off her food at dinner time and she just didn't look right so I put her in my laundry for th night.. I came out to her this morning and she had bloody stools and foamy vomit near her..
    My question is... Can parvo virus hit this hard and this fast?[/B]
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
    It can. Please get her to a vet. How is her vaccine status?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 07:04 PM
    Have you ever had the flu? One minute you're fine, the next minute you're puking your guts out and can't leave the bathroom?

Parvo is exactly like that. Your dog can be fine one minute, and deathly ill the next. Parvo not only comes on quickly, it is disease that can kill very quickly as well. Your dog needs to go to the vet right away, you can't afford to even wait another night.
    Suganaro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 08:41 PM
    She has taken a bad turn and she is no longer moving.. I had to wait to go to the vet as they said they had to wait ot c if I was being funded to fix her.. but I have just spoken to the vet and they have told me to go down as she is worse and they said bext bet is to put her to sleep!! ;(
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 08:44 PM
    They're not even willing to try the treatment? It's your choice. The treatment is expensive, and if you can't afford it, then yes, euthanasia is your only other option. But there is a treatment for parvo. It doesn't always work, but it's a chance at least.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm hoping that there's still a chance for your girl. If not, know that whatever you decide is the right thing for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chocolate lab with Parvo Virus. [ 7 Answers ]

This is so far day 3 of the Parvo Virus watch on my baby Lilley. Day 1 was bad, she wouldn't eat, drink, nothing. I had to force spoon liquids in her, then was told to use gatorade. Can't take her to the vet as we don't have money for it. Day 2 came and she was still weak, but moving, still skin...

Is my dog going to get the parvo virus? [ 11 Answers ]

I brought a 8 week old blu heeler home that had parvo my 5-8 year old dog (zu) that was given to me about a month ago, was exposed to the parvo, they drink and ate from the same bowls went outside in the same yard, etc... well the second I realized the puppy had parvo I separated them, I took the...

Parvo Virus [ 2 Answers ]

My daughters puppy just had parvo virus 3 weeks ago, was wondering if she (puppy) can bring it to my house? I have 2 dogs one is 15 yrs old the other is for the 15 yr old is current with his shots but the 4 yr old is not, because when I took him to the vet last he got nuetered and they would not...

Parvo Virus [ 12 Answers ]

my 7 month old pup name Master was tested positive Parvo Virus. He was admitted 10/04/2008 that time he still can stand and wagle his tail. Then the vet gave him fluids and other treatment to overcome the virus. 11/04/08 = I called the vet, she said he only vomits no bowel movement yet, still...

Parvo virus [ 2 Answers ]

How old does my puppy need to be before he can have a parvo shot?

View more questions Search