Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jared09863 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Default judgment?
    OK so my friend is a single mother of two, and she had to go to a hospital well at the time she didn't hareed over phgve insurance well a debt collector called an she agreed over phone to pay 150 a month never any signed documents, she had to recently move an now cannot afford this and she gets aletter in the mail saying plaintiff moves this case be submitted for immediate trail and for judgment by default, what does this mean? She was never summonsed to court and the letter sent was in a state neather her nor the collection agency is in can anyone help?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
    Does it describe how she was supposedly served with process? Does it have the name of the court, and a case number?

• If so, check with the clerk of the court to see if such a lawsuit has been filed.
    • If not, it's a ruse.

Nov 16, 2012, 07:18 PM
    It does not say how they served her, an the court system is Todd county KY an she lives in Clarksville TN an TN is her mailing address, she was never served anything but these papers from KY an there was no court date, there was also a foot note.from the judge saying since she was a defendant they don't have to notify her

Nov 16, 2012, 07:33 PM
    It does not say how they served her, an the court system is Todd county KY an she lives in Clarksville TN an TN is her mailing address, she was never served anything but these papers from KY an there was no court date, there was also a foot note.from the judge saying since she was a defendant they don't have to notify her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entry Default / Default Judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I am almost in my final stage of my CA Divorce Process (in pro per). I have a pending OSC modification hearing scheduled 07/12/2012. Once I get the outcome of this OSC hearing, I will file my default judgement to include this order. I had filed an entry of default filed 12/2010 (no response...

Default Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I was evicted from an apartment in Tennessee. The landlord received a default judgment in the amount of approximately $1,600.00. Now I have received a bill from the landlord for over $3,000.00. If the landlord wanted more than the amount of the judgment should they have asked for that amount in...

Default judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in MA since 8/1998, previously having lived in NY. I just (10/2006) received notification of wage garnishment order (income execution) based on a default judgment for an old debt ($2611). The 'entry date' for the default judgment was July 2003, but this was the first I'd heard about...

View more questions Search