Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helenfu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Human resource
    My manager is salaried. He had one day off to take his wife for a surgery.
    After that, two days, he came to work for half day.

I paid him full for the two half days. But not paying his whole day off.

He is objected not to be paid for the whole day off due to his salaried and he worked overtime (9-10 hours/day).

He said if I am not pay him that day, he will only work 8 hours a day.

Ps. He is paid 60K

How to handle this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 02:47 PM
    If he is a salaried employee he has to be paid for an eight out day; if there is overtime involved then he has to be paid for that too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Actually tickle is wrong, a hourly emplyee gets overtime not salaried.

Salary means just that, he is to be paid his salary regardless, does not matter if he takes off or not, he gets his same check. In return he does not get overtime pay. Ifyou start shorting his check when he misses, you will start having to pay him extra when he works over.

I don't understand what part of him being on salary you did not understand
    ShannonMc Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Tickle, FLSA states if a salaried employee misses an entire working day and does not have PTO to cover the missed day, you CAN dock his pay for the entire day. If he worked a partial day however, his pay cannot be docked. Please visit the DOL website for further information.
    Shannon
    stolson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2013, 11:24 PM
    If he is a hard worker and does not abuse his PTO, why don't you just throw him a bone and pay him. Sounds like a wife needing surgery is a good reason to miss work and maybe she needed a little help a few days afterwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help in optimal resource allocation for limited spaces [ 2 Answers ]

Here's the problem. I'm creating a program that can allocate the optimal amount of sound files that can be fit in a limited space, i.e. I have 17 tracks that I have to allocate to a 90-minute cassette. I need to have the optimal allocation that I can do for Side A, in other words, the optimal...

Woman's resource center onslow county nc [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know if it is legal for someone from the woman's resource center to call my home on behalf of a client calling herself a friend and request we do not call client( boyfriend and I) his ex wife is client, I called woman's resource center back and explained situation the person I spoke with...

Resource File Viewer [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to load the Resouce File Viewer CD Disc for the 1881 census, the installation shield appears on my desk top followed by preparing to install , then a message stating that the "Wizard has been terminated" please try again later, this programme has not been loaded on your computer. Has...

View more questions Search