Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    califbadgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Car isn't mine but I am paying the payments!
    I am driving a car that I am paying for but isn't in my name. I am putting money in his BofA account and now his ex wife wants to take the car away. The car is under his name but I have been paying for the car payment for the last 7 months. What can I do? I was told she was taking the car in the next few days.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Hello cali:

If you don't have a written agreement or a bill of sale, and his ex has title, then you've got to give it up. Consider your payments to be what they are - car payments. Nobody gets back car payments.

It wasn't insured under your name anyway.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Who ever has their name on the title of the car can do what they want.
    If he lets her have it, he lets her have it, you have no legal right or standing in this.

You needed to have had a contract in writing on the use or buying of the car if that was what you were trying to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is not paying car loan considered grand theft? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My best friend is going through a really rough time right now. She is bipolar and is making terrible decisions with her life. We have tried everything but nothing gets through to her. She is already in consumer credit counseling and has a part time job and is homeless (living out of her...

Not mine [ 5 Answers ]

I found out that the child that she had isn't even mine but I've already signed the birth certificate. We officially haven't gone through with the divorce, how do I go about singing my rights over?

Paying car loans early [ 2 Answers ]

I saw on TV about people who paid car loans off early were entitled to a refund. Does anyone know anything about this?

He kept the car, but the loan he is NOT paying is in my name [ 3 Answers ]

In our divorce agreement, my X kept a car that I was the primary loan-holder on. In the last 6 months he has paid the payment late three times(this month's payment is also late). These late payments are showing up on my credit report and will cause me no end of grief very quickly. Due to an...

View more questions Search