Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jodar7 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Nov 14, 2012, 08:11 PM
    I Have Social Anxiety (Especially Around Guys I'm Attracted to) Is there hope for me?
    I'm a girl in my early 20's, who's never dated before or anything. People say I'm attractive so I know my lack of experience with guys is due mostly to low self-confidence and my social anxiety. Anyway, I've noticed that whenever I interact with guys, especially those who intimidate me somehow (attractive, tall, etc.) they seem to like sense my nervousness and sort of smile to themselves/smirk and come in my personal space, stare at me a lot, starting convos with me, etc.

This might be considered "hitting on" me I guess, and you'd think I'd be flattered by this but I'm not. In fact I get a lot anxiety from even the simplest conversations with attractive guys my age, because I'm a bad conversationalist. I can only exchange a sentence or two with them before I start making a fool out of myself by stuttering, saying something stupid, or worse blanking out and just staring dumbly.

I wish I could be smoother with guys and actually be able to have a proper conversation with them, and exude confidence. The odd thing is no matter how many conversations I've had and messed up in, I never seen to improve. It's like something's terribly wrong with me.

How do I become calmer and become more confident when around the opposite sex? And do you have any advice on being a better conversationalist because I'm terrible and it affects my self-esteem and confidence. I've become very depressed over it, and feel like I'll be alone the rest of my life.
    jodar7 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Nov 15, 2012, 04:39 PM
    Can I get even one answer please? :(
    Alexis Dubree Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Nov 22, 2012, 06:44 PM
    I was sort of the same way as you as far as having a conversation. What I've done was surround myself with guys. I made a lot of guys my friends (guys that I don't like) so when I talk to them ill be OK. By doing this I became more comfortable around guys. Now when it came to guys that I liked it was easy to have a conversation because guys are mostly interested in the same things so talking to them was like talking to one of my guy friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I make guys attracted to me? [ 5 Answers ]

When ever a guy comes up to me, somehow I end up making them run away. I know I'm fairly pretty, but I never know what to say, so I end up acting stupidly hyper or going shy, which is really annoying as I'm not either of them things. I just need a few pointers so I don't act like a idiot, next time.

Are girls attracted to taller guys? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if girls are attracted to taller guys? Im not very tall for a guy, I'm only 5"11 but all my friends are over 6 foot and girls seems to like that more. So i feel inferior to the other guys and i feel short. I dated this girl once and she was like how tall are you, 6"1?...

I am more attracted to older men than guys my age [ 9 Answers ]

I am more attracted to older men than guys my age, & most of them are married. To date guys my age doesn't make sense To me, they always sound immature & unsure of their next move & I hate to be with someone who has no direction. But unfortunately the older ones always hurt me. They just...

Why am I attracted to gay guys? [ 3 Answers ]

I know this sounds really weird but there are plenty of girls that seem to only find their dream guy when they are gay. I believe that there is someone out there for everyone. Sometimes I wonder if my guy got turned gay... what happens then? Do I never find the right guy?:(

Guys friends or secretely attracted [ 1 Answers ]

Lately I went out with my friends and I noticed that some of my male friends acted completely strange maybe not strange but more openly towards their female coworkers.more here to say about their body language they were touching rather hitting their arm with hand like oh I want to tell you...

View more questions Search