Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debomom782013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 08:06 PM
    My pit pup needs his weight back
    My baby Debo is a surviving parvo pup and I need to get his weight back. I have him on pedigree puppy food and it is not helping what else could I use?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2012, 05:28 PM
    How long ago did your pup recover from parvo? Sometimes it just takes time for the body to recover.

You could always try adding some canned food to his meals.. maybe start with 1/4 of a can twice a day to see what happens.

You should also consult the attending vet. Who helped your puppy. Lack of weight gain is a concern they should know about. Maybe the vet will prescribe an ultra high calorie canned food to help out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my dog losing weight at her back end? [ 2 Answers ]

Why is my 9yr old staff loseing weight at her back end

How can I put weight and get her back in shape after having pups? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a american pitbull terrier... she's absoultey beautiful and the sweetest thing in the world!! She recently just had pups back on the 25th of January... my question is how can I put weight back on her and get back into shape the way she was before she had her pups? I feed her 4-5 times a day...

Dog gain her weight back [ 2 Answers ]

My dog need her weight

Weight loss-How to gain it back [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 30yr old woman (not ashamed to admit it), have been underweight all my life. I know it's a problem that most wish they had, but really I hate looking like an ethiopian or a crackhead(as I say). After my baby I looked great, kept the weight for about 2yrs... then I got the flu. I lost 18 lbs...

How to help a pitbull gain weight back? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a pitbull which was left in the back yard of an abandon house, how do I help it gain it's weight back to it's initial size? Her ribs are showing and everything, she's a banter pitbull. Could someone quickly reply?:confused:

View more questions Search