Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smanning Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Uneven Flooring
    Anyone know an easy way to replace a sagging floor joist?
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 13, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smanning
    Anyone know an easy way to replace a sagging floor joist?
    If you have access below the floor to install another joist, try this:

1. Jack up the sagging joist in the center slightly above level.
    2. Scab on a new joist along side the old. Set nails or sheer screws every 12" minimum.
    3. Install freeze blocking to adjoining joists.(Those joists may be sagging and need scabs.)
    4. Release jack slowly. Have someone above floor monitoring the carpenter's level.
    5. Best way... put in a new support girder at span midpoint for all joists in crawl space.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uneven beard growth [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22 and am trying to grow a beard. I've got sideburns and the hair on my chin and 'tache grows quite well. However on the side of my face its not quite the same. Along the bottom of my face on the sides, hair grows, and there is a sort of thin patch going from roughly my sideburns to...

Uneven laminate [ 1 Answers ]

I have just finished laying laminate between two ajoining rooms. The problem is where the rooms meet the floor is uneven causing the laminate to split on the joins and feels wobbly under foot. What can I do to correct this? Please help...

Uneven roof rafters [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of finishing part of our attic to be a 4th bedroom. I have found that the size of roof rafters vary (2x6, 2x6.5 and 2x7). How do I even these up so I can install a plasterboard ceiling?

Uneven basement floor [ 2 Answers ]

In our newer home, the basement was poured very unevenly. It cannot simply be filled as the uneveness is throughout a large area. (Imagine rolling hills!). What are the options for addressing this problem and what kind of costs are likely to be associated with each (e.g. hundreds or thousands of...

Uneven grass [ 1 Answers ]

My yard has ruts in it because of the sprinkler system I had istalled pryor to having my sod laid. Is there a way to fix this problem? :-[

View more questions Search