Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yellowball Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 06:44 PM
    Could I be suffering from depression?
    I have recently broke up with my fiancé. And my life has turned into a chaos. It's been over 6 months ago. I was feeling fine just last week. And now I cry constantly and I just don't want to live. I have insomnia. I wake up and I feel like I have no reason to live. I go to school full time. I work full time. I try to Occupy myself. But this roller coaster never seems to end. I feel fine for a little bit and then I hit the rock bottom. I wonde what is wrong with me. I lost my appetite. Once again I was feeling just fine. And no. I'm not pmsing
    Cyanara Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 07:23 PM
    What a time you've had!! I think you are entitled to feel low.
    You sound worn out and exhausted.

It's no wonder that after six months of, I guessing, putting on a brave face, you have burned out.

We have all been there through something or other - I can totally relate to you. ( when the same thing happened to me - dumped by fiancé on Christmas Eve - the night we were telling both our families but he told me about his 8 month affair instead - I fine the brave face for. 6 months, broke down and decided stiff him and booked myself a cruise!! )

If this continues why not speak to a pharmacist and see if they can recommend a herbal pick me up - Ginseng is wonderful for helping you through these tough times.

If it does go on however, a chat with your doctor might be a good idea.

Good luck xx

Nov 14, 2012, 07:35 PM
    Depression?
    I been suffering bad moods for the past 6 months. After me and my fiancé broke up. And I user to walk tall and pretend that I don't care. And was strong in front of my friends. But it seems that past few weeks I just broke down. I can't smile anymore. I am suffering from insomnia. I wake up with the burden on my chest and feel like there is no purpose for me to live. That nobody needs me or loves me. I have great friends and family. But as much as I'm hesitating to say this... I've grown to hate them. Hate my friends, family. Anybody who is nice to me I want to punch. I isolated myself from everybody. When I see other happy I just want to cry because I don't See why can't I be happy. I'm not being selfish. I always used to put others before me. I just don't know what to do with myself. I go to school full time and work full time. I occupy myself. I try to grow as a person. But I seem to be afraid to look down deep inside my soul. I tend to blame myself for everything. Could this be a depression?

Nov 14, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanara View Post
    What a time you've had!!! I think you are entitled to feel low.
    You sound worn out and exhausted.

It's no wonder that after six months of, I guessing, putting on a brave face, you have burned out.

We have all been there through something or other - I can totally relate to you. ( when the exact same thing happened to me - dumped by fiance on Christmas Eve - the night we were telling both our families but he told me about his 8 month affair instead - I fine the brave face for. 6 months, broke down and decided stiff him and booked myself a cruise!!!)

If this continues why not speak to a pharmacist and see if they can recommend a herbal pick me up - Ginseng is wonderful for helping you through these tough times.

If it does go on however, a chat with your doctor might be a good idea.

Good luck xx
    Oh wow. I've been shopping a lot. It kind of helps me a bit. But still. It lasts only for few hours. I turned into some sort of shopaholic
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Time to seek out some therapy... and see a doctor... this can be treated and dealt with. No shame in asking for and getting help. It happens to many people.
    Cyanara Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowball View Post
    Oh wow. I've been shopping a lot. It kind of helps me a bit. But still. It lasts only for few hours. I turned into some sort of shopaholic

Lol. Hope you've treated yourself to something nice.

It is worth speaking to someone though... It a horrible situation you are in but life goes on and now you need a coping mechanism ( and whilst fun - shopping may not be the answer! )

Good luck.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 09:04 PM
    Threads have been merged to keep all advice about this question in one place.

Yellowball, you do not need to make a new thread to add or ask about more information on this topic. All you need to do is add a reply to this thread.

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I would like to know, when does a person get admitted when suffering from depression? [ 2 Answers ]

When does a doctor feel that a person who is suffering from depression should be admitted in hospital

I think I'm suffering from depression again [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am 18 years old. I think I'm suffering from depression again, I am sure it went and came back, or maybe it's just stayed there the whole time? I don't honestly know anymore. To me my whole life has been a waste of time, sadly to say I want to keep trying to beat whoever is trying to put me...

Please help me I'm suffering from mental anguish[depression] [ 1 Answers ]

There was a quite carelesness among our school teachers.They took our exam papers and they entered the marks worgly so all those members who got less than me were grouped in one section. I just want to ask why god had given me such a horrible failure when I deserve to be in that section.All our...

Am suffering Depression? [ 6 Answers ]

I think I may have a problem. Here goes: I am 21... this is supposed to be the "best year" of my life... well it's almost over. Ever since graduation, I feel alone. All my friends, ALL of my friends drifted away from one another, and some seem to be enjoying their lives much more than I am....

View more questions Search