Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atlien22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Why does lender want the deed on my wife rental property
    I am trying to refinance my house, and the lender wants a copy of the DEED on my wife rental property, because it shows our Living Trust having 1/3 ownership. My name is not even on the mortgage for the rental property. Is it normal/legal to give lender deeds to property you don't own?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2012, 06:32 PM
    Because it will prove assets and help you qualify on the refinance... the days of no questions asked loans are over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict my son his wife and grand daughters from my rental property. [ 4 Answers ]

This just breaks my heart but I feel so used by my own family. Thirteen years ago I let them rent a 3bd house for just $300 dollars. ( Normal rent is $1,200) I got rent for a few months and his wife declared they should not pay rent. She has her family from Chicago stay there. All for free while...

Property acquired by lender via deed in lieu. Is there a redemption period in Alaska? [ 1 Answers ]

Does the new buyer need to worry about the old debtor redeeming the property after he's given it back to the lender via a deed in lieu?

Can wife be made to leave rental property? [ 2 Answers ]

Home is owned by husands sister, mother of husband has power of attorney, can wife be made to leave since she originally moved out in Feb of 10, and moved in supposedly temporarily in September of 10, promising to pay $400.00 rent per month as since sept only 500 was paid. Divorce to be soon, wife...

How do I add my wife to my property deed? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I add my wife to my property deed in Massachusetts?

Can lender put a lien on a property if I am not on the deed? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a property (house) that I am on the mortgage but not on the deed. I have 2 other investment properties that might go into foreclosure. Can the lender put a lien on the (house) after foreclosure if I am not on the deed?

View more questions Search