Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mariej1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 02:32 PM
    I'm being punished for something!
    I've been with him for eleven years and married for five. I've never been in any relationship like this! He's been physically and emotionally abusive. He's almost 40 and acts like a eighteen year old drinking, coming home the next day, playing video games. Two out of the three jobs he's had, he's gotten because of me and once he's on the job he act like a big wig making poor decisions that leads to job lost. Five years ago I got pregnant while on birth control and my daughter was born who he loves dearly, but is no way a good example of what a husband should be. I've endured so much financial stress paying bills and for other foolish things like, him driving with no license and getting the car towed, or car accidents. I had a job that required me to travel a lot, but I quit because he was toting the kids around hanging out like they're one of his buddies. I tried to find a local job, so I can divorce him and be at piece with my kids, but I've had no success. I've depleted all my savings trying to maintain my kids quality of life and now my back is up against the wall. I know when he shows moments of change and when he says he's sorry, he's not and I stay because my back is up against the wall and if I don't take the only job offer I have me and the kids will lose our home. All because I don't have anyone to watch the daughter we have together. Why am I being punished? How can I ever get out?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 14, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Punished? You married him with your eyes wide shut, I guess. You were with him 6 years before getting pregnant, not your fault if you were on a GOOD birth control, but you already knew him by then, so why were you still sleeping with him. Sorry. If you keep taking this punishment viewpoint you will never get out. Divorce him and find one or two other single or divorced mothers to share expenses with in your home.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 07:24 PM
    You are not being punished, you practically volunteered. You knew what he was like yet you married him and you have stayed. Get yourself together with a network and divorce him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Punished parent of two [ 3 Answers ]

What can a father do? I work hard and solid for the last 4 years ever since I got soul custody of my 2 small children. I filed amended taxes this year for the last two years. My refund was for 16,000 dollars. Because I owe back support for my third child the state took every damn penny from me and...

Being punished for being hurt by him [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im really needing some help. I've began to think that I'm crazy living with this for so long so here goes... rite after my divorce to my first husband I met this guy and he was great. He helped me through my divorce and told me what to expect... he had ben through one two himself. ...

How Can AN 18 Year Old Be punished? [ 7 Answers ]

First I would like to say that my partner and I are male gay parents of 6 children whom we adopted through the foster care program. We have had great success with 4 of these children, all of them teens and young adults. The one I am concerned about is now 18 and thinks he owns the house and can do...

View more questions Search