Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Podchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2005, 04:16 AM
    Spy-bot recovery
    I downloaded spybot search and destroy to get rid of any spyware problems but now when I open my hotmail e-mail account and use eBay boxes are continually popping up say "spybot s&d has blocked the download of "doubleclick" or "avenue A inc". These boxes are a complete pain in the and I want to get rid of them. The only thing in my spybot s&d recovery box is DSO exploit. I don't really want to put it back on my computer but is this the only way to get my hotmail working properly again?

Thanks for your help.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2005, 04:28 AM
    SpyBot
    Hi,
    SpyBot is not a program that stops stuff from coming into your computer. It finds stuff after you already have it, by you doing a scan.
    The pop-up windows might be coming from Internet Explorer. At any website, click on Tools at the top, then Internet Options.
    Click on the Security tab, the left click on Restricted Sites.
    Click on the Sites button, and look to see if these pop-up names are contained in your restricted sites.

I also highly suggest using a free program, that STOPS spyware from getting into your computer. It is not a scanner, but a program that integrates with your browser.

If you wish to check it out, it's at:

http://www.download.com/SpywareBlast...ml?tag=lst-0-2

I have been using this for a month now, and NO spyware of any kind. AdAware and SpyBot have found nothing.

If you want to get rid of the DSO Exploit, I can offer you a good way to do it.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2005, 11:27 AM
    SpyBot Pop-ups
    Hi,
    I made a discovery about SpyBot; didn't know it before.
    The Pop-Ups ARE coming from SpyBot, sorry I said it wasn't.

Open SpyBot, then click on Immunization.
    Click on the Undo icon at the top.

Apparently, you have set immunization in SpyBot, and check on the part at the bottom of that window that you want it to show you the message, allowing you to say "yes" or "no".

I run mine without Immunization, as I already use Spyware Blaster.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Podchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2005, 11:50 AM
    Thanks, that seems to have done the trick
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 21, 2005, 05:54 PM
    Spybot
    Been using SpyBot for ages,along with it's cousin Spyware Blaster,plus a host of others.Thought you might like to try this,which is an ADVANCED tip for SpyBot.

Active X controls are blocked by adding the CLISD,which is the number between the curly bracket {0000... etc} under the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Active X compatibility

You then make a dward value called "compatability Flags" and make it the hexadecimal value of 400.This is called the killbit and will stop the program from being able to run on your PC :cool:

I hope someone finds this useful.

If messing in the registry is taboo,then please leave well alone.SpyBot will still work fine if you don't mess!

All the best,
    Nez.
    digger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2005, 04:27 PM
    Spybot-
    When running spybot it finds under "unknown" settings in fake dll"

PathC\windows\windows32_information_file.dll

Any idea what this is? Solutions? I too, have experienced the DSO as well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recovery after Crown Lengthening [ 3 Answers ]

What can I expect during recovery after having crown lengthening? I am having it to correct a 'gummy smile.' Will the gums grow back over the teeth. What procedure would prevent this? Laser or cutting?

Data Recovery [ 5 Answers ]

I have a hard drive that crashed, I want to recover files, so a put it on a PC as a slave and able to see the files.the trouble that I'm having is some of the file that I want to access will not let me access them.how do I access these files?

Using HP Pavilion application recovery cd [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Help Desk, I'm getting ready to do a reformat using the application recovery disk that came with my computer 5 years ago. I didn't get a separate windows 98 disk so I gather its on this disk from HP that came with my computer when I got it. Everything will be the way it was when it came...

Recovery disks [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sirs: Is it possible to buy or get recovery disks for my midwest micro computer that is 9 or 10 yrs. Old. I replaced the battery, but it didn't help. The computer is asking me to put in a start up disk that I don't have. We always used the computer just for games and never had it hooked up...

View more questions Search