Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shagidishapopo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 01:04 AM
    Statistics - Probability Density Function
    Hi, the topic is Probability Density Function of a random variable.

For each of the following, find the constant c so that p(x) satisfies the condition of being a probability density function of a random variable X:
    I. p(x) = c(2/3)^x, X E N
    II. p(x) = cx,x E {1,2,3,4,5,6}

I can't state the right statistical symbols for every given. I'm sorry, so for clearer understanding of my given question, kindly refer to this image. http://i50.tinypic.com/5a2xxw.jpg
    thank you

I've been figuring this for couple of days. Maybe a hint or step by step solution will do. Just guide me and I will solve this.

Check out some similar questions!

Conditional distribution based on a trivariate density function [ 1 Answers ]

Help please. I have the basic idea about how to work with single variable but this one just blew me over. Derive a moment generating function, then find the mean and variance of f(x,y,z)= 4/9 xyz^2 0 less than or equal to x less than or equal to 1, 0 less than or equal to y less than...

Density of earth as function of radius from center [ 1 Answers ]

If a core was made of the entire earth from one side to the other, and the density of the material measured, what type of function would it trace? Constant, linear, log?

Density Function [ 4 Answers ]

For a density function f(x) = 3 (x+4) / 14 for x=0 to x=1 Find P (2/5 < x < 2/3) Please walk me through this problem. Thanks

Density function probabilty [ 2 Answers ]

the time failure in months X, of the light bulbs produced at two manufacturing plants A and B obey, respectively the following PDFs for A: Fx(x) = ( 1 - e(-x/5))u(x) for B: Fx(x) = ( 1 - e(-x/2))u(x) plants B produced three times as many bulbs as plant A. the bulbs indistinguishable to the eye,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.