Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LukaShimada Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 12:44 PM
    5 week old puppy---what to drink?
    I have found a litter of puppies, I have taken one in and I took it to the vets this morning, the vet told me that it was about 5 weeks old. I have bought puppy milk replacement, it is like a formula to mix with warm water to feed through a bottle, but he does not take it, but he does not drink it from a shallow bowl either. What shall I do? Do I give it water, please help I am scared for dehydration! Please! X
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 13, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Contact the vet again and explain you can't get the puppy to take the milk, they still need the milk at such a young age, try putting the milk on a saucer and slightly dipping the puppys mouth into it. You may be able to get it to lap rom a saucer that way. Good luck.
    cwilder Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LukaShimada
    I have found a litter of puppies, I have taken one in and I took it to the vets this morning, the vet told me that it was about 5 weeks old. I have bought puppy milk replacement, it is like a formula to mix with warm water to feed through a bottle, but he does not take it, but he does not drink it from a shallow bowl either. What shall I do? Do I give it water, please help I am scared for dehydration! Please! x
    Get a syringe and start giving it goats milk and puppy formula mixed with that until it takes an interest in lapping liquids. Use goats milk warmed with ground puppy food in the beginnin. I will give you nice plump healthy puppies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 week old puppy [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3 week old puppy no mother I am bottle feeding. It is have a hard time having a bowel movement. He is on Esbilac, I ran out for a few days and mixed water and carnation canned milk he is now back on esbilac. What can I do?

6 Week Old Puppy has Fleas! [ 8 Answers ]

Are 2 older dogs had fleas, so got 2 flea collars for them. Now are puppy is getting fleas and she is only 6 weeks old, what's the best treatment for a puppy so young? Also what's best for the older dogs?

My 9 week old Lab puppy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Of corse I think I have the cuteset puppy in the world and yes I fawn over him ALL the time he is never left alone inless he has to be he gose to the store with us he basicaLy gose every where with us. But all he really wants to do is bite us or tear something up. At this point I have no...

8 week puppy with distemper [ 22 Answers ]

I adopted an 8 week old puppy from a shelter where I live in Brazil. She was fine when I got her-Tuesday Jan. 9 but then two days later she had a runny nose and then the following day she had what seemed to be congestion in her chest. Thinkins she had a cold, I took her to the veterinary...

My 5 week year old puppy! Help me out! [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a 5 week year old puppy. She is a dalmatian cross with some other breeds, she is way small. And I need to know if it is normal for puppies this small (runt) to walk weird, like she will start walking then fall over. And try again and fall. She also hasn't drank water but she eats like...

View more questions Search