Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suepjp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 10:04 PM
    How to stop dogs from walking in their own poop
    I have an older dog (12 years) who has always been very clean and does her pooping in the far corner of the yard. Fairly recently, she has taken up the habit of pooping right in front of the gate, so that we cannot walk through the gate without stepping in it. And... she has stepped in it several times herself. Why is she doing this and how can I stop her?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 08:54 AM
    Try not cleaning up the corner that you want her to go to. If you keep a few piles in that area, she may follow the scent and potty there.

At 12, there is no guarantee that will work. Older dogs get senile, just like older people. I would just suggest to stay on top of pick up and watch where you walk ;)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 14, 2012, 10:05 AM
    Yes, and move the poop by the gate as soon as she goes, and forgive all her old age failings. Soon she may not be able to control where she goes at all, including in the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why dogs poop in house [ 3 Answers ]

Dog is 5 yrs old and all of a sudden poops and pees in house through the night. No sudden changes of any sort. I am frustrated and confused. Don't know how to stop it. Any suggestions??

My puppy walking around like she has to poop and drinks lots water [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 month old puppy is having trouble urinating and having a bowl movement she walks around in a hunkered position like she has to poop but doesn't she has been drinking a tremendous amount of water today then will pee in little streams she seems to be in pain

Why do dogs poop in the house [ 4 Answers ]

Ppop in house

Dogs not walking on leashes [ 5 Answers ]

My dog refuses to walk on a leash. He simply sits down. I get down the road a bit, then he refuses to go until I let him off the leash. He is a 5 year old great pyrenees dog.

Dogs poop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a yellow lab a little over a yr. and I notice he had a sore on his leg so then I stated to look around at his poop. I noticed some bloody poop. What would that mean?

View more questions Search