Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LasVegasBabe Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2012, 09:05 PM
    Should I talk to my "best friend" again?
    OK, me and this girl (lets just use the name Emma even thought that not her real name) have been best friends ever since 3rd grade. We are now 8th grade and going through some rough times. There is this guy that "Emma" dated for 2 weeks in the beginning of August, and than broke up with him. He dated many other girls after. This guy asked me out in September, and I said yes. We are still going out now (going on to 3 mouths) and were very interested in each other and don't want to break up at all anytime soon. But continuing on, I know that "Emma" still likes him. When "Emma" found out about us dating she told me that she felt "betrayed" by my choice of dating him, and she didn't want to talk to me or be my best friend ever again. Well "Emma's" words stuck with her, and we haven't talked at all since than. I had to change all different groups, cause she "kicked me out of my old group" and they spread A LOT of rumors about me through out the school. The school got involved and put a end to it. I'm now realizing how much I miss "Emma" as a friend, and miss all our good times. This new Trimester me & this guy have art class together, but "Emma" is in it too.There is also a friend of mine named "Sam" who is friends with me and "Emma" but always sits with "Emma" during art. "Sam" and I talk a lot during art. Do you think I should try to talk to "Emma" too? Or should I stay clear of her? I do not want to break up with my boyfriend so don't say anything with that. Thanks for your advice!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 09:35 PM
    You can give it a go. You won't know unless you try. I hope this boy is worth it .
    teensportychick Posts: 192, Reputation: 15

Nov 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
    I went through the same thing with my ex... He dated my best friend and then 6 months later he dated me... Me and my friends had some horrible fights! We are better now but it isn't as good as it used to be. She spread rumors about me like your friend did to you and I know personaly that is completely sucks. I realized that she wasn't a very good friend... Now I know that I can't tell her everything because I know that if I ever do anything she won't like she will tell eveeryone. It really opened up my eyes. She wasn't the friend I thought she was.

I think you should talk to her and if she isn't being very nice then she isn't worth it. Don't put yourself through this for someone who doesn't care for you. And also don't put your relationship in danger just for her. If you are happy that's all that matters... Im really sorry this is happening to you... it REALLY sucks...
    LasVegasBabe Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
    Oh yes he's worth it

Quote Originally Posted by teensportychick View Post
    I went through the same thing with my ex.....He dated my best friend and then 6 months later he dated me....Me and my friends had some horrible fights! We are better now but it isnt as good as it used to be. She spread rumors about me like your friend did to you and i know personaly that is completely sucks. I relized that she wasnt a very good friend...Now i know that i can't tell her everything because i know that if i ever do anything she wont like she will tell eveeryone. It really opened up my eyes. She wasnt the friend i thought she was.

I think you should talk to her and if she isnt being very nice then she isnt worth it. Dont put yourself through this for someone who dosnt care for you. And also dont put your relationship in danger just for her. If you are happy thats all that matters..... I'm really sorry this is happening to you...it REALLY sucks...
    Yeah lol, thanks! If you do get this, respond! You seem to have much in common with me lol. "Emma" just said hello to me in art class the other day, so I was happy for that. I can tell that were both starting to realize how much we miss each other and all the good times we had.
    teensportychick Posts: 192, Reputation: 15

Nov 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
    I feel like we have A lot in common! Lol :) She may have just needed the time to realize how good she had it by being your friend :) Im glad you guys have started talking! :) That's really great! Now the next step is talking through what went down between you two... It's really scary... but it helps because me and my friend didn't do that at first and we ended up fighting a lot and it always came back to me dating her ex or her being a total b*tch... But once you get everything out in the open and just tell her how you feel it works out a lot better! :) Oh and make sure you do it in person... Hope I helped :)
    Mollieee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 03:23 AM
    I think you should try and talk to her, you shouldn't let boys come between you and your friends x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend won't talk to me [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend won't talk to me and won't tell me why. I've asked her and she still won't tell me. I don't know what else to do. I have apologized and tried to explain to her that I never did anything.

Best friend won't talk to me [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 5 years, I have been best friends with a guy. We went everywhere together and shared the same interests. This year we entered high school. Suddenly, he won't talk to me or return my texts. I don't know what I did. I have my friends that are girls and he has his guy friends so I don't...

Should I talk to my ex's best friend? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, I was just wondering. If you don't know yet I'm in NC with my ex. Ever since I started that I stopped talking to all her friends. There is this one friend I would like to keep in touch with. She is a mutual friend, I met her through my ex though and on top of that she is my ex's best...

Should I talk to my friend [ 1 Answers ]

Wat if sum friend says she ant gona talk to sum1 u sont like and den she end up talkin to dem after 1 weak and then she askin u dat y u mad at dem and den u start talkin to dem and den she do dat again should u stop talkin to dem????

View more questions Search