Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needhelp4 me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Empire wall heater will not stay on
    I have a empire wall heater model # gwt-35-2 . 35,000 BTU. I have replaced the thermopile with a robertshaw # 1950-001 thermopile 36" 250-750 millivolts, 2 lead type. Have also replaced thermostat with Honeywell # CT33A compatible with millivolt heat only systems.Two years ago I replaced the over heat control switch& thermostat wires.
    The problem is the heater only stays on for about a minute. Turns off then comes back on about 10 minutes later . Stays on another minute and so on.

Check out some similar questions!

My wall heater do not start is Empire GWT 25-2 [ 0 Answers ]

The pilot is on but when I turn on the thermostate, the burner do not star.I all ready change the termo pilot and check the thermostate look fine.I put btogeter the tow line in the thermostate but steel of.

Empire wall furnace burner ignition problem. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello; I have a LP Empire Wall Furnace model # FAW-55 SPP in my garage (hooked to a 20lb tank-full). I turn on the gas & ignite the pilot light. After a few seconds the pilot will stay on by itself as it is suppose to. I then turn the control on the furnace to "On" & the thermostat is set to at...

Problem with empire wall furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1985 vintage Empire gravity direct vent wall furnace in out cottage mode # DV-235-3SG. Once the unit runs for a while and the room comes up to temp. the burner shuts off, but the blower keeps trying to cycle on and off - it makes an electrical sparking sound which causes interfence with...

Empire Floor Furnace pilot light will not stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

I have an empire floor furnace that the pilot light will not stay lit? Also, is there a location to buy replacement burners? Thanks you Von Mustion

Wall heater doesn't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

My wall heater doesn't hold a pilot. We light it, come back a few hours later and it's out again. I have changed the thermocoupling and thermostat.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.