Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pwd77 Posts: 185, Reputation: 3

Nov 13, 2012, 07:38 PM
    New moen pull out kitchen faucet has low flow slo
    We have a new Moen pull-out kitchen faucet. The water saver feature really just means it takes more time to do anything. Is there a way to disable it? Since it is the pull-out sprayer, its not obvious where to find the restrictor.

I realize this is a "code" feature, but I find it very annoying.

Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
    You should first check your water pressure, what the faucet's flow rating is and how many gallons per minute you are getting. This could be a clog from debris during installation

Nov 13, 2012, 09:42 PM
    Nope, it is supplying the specified 1.5 gpm

So, anyone know a way around the water-saver feature?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 14, 2012, 09:10 AM
    so, anyone know a way around the water-saver feature?
    Sure do! Remove the aerator, (see image) and pop[ out the water saver, Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Nov 14, 2012, 10:01 AM
    Mine is a sprayer and faucet in one, more complicated than a simple aerator. That said, I will look to see if I can get to it.

I suspect the restriction is somewhere other than right at the head, since it restricts both the spray and the regular flow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low flow from one side of Moen Kitchen Faucet [ 8 Answers ]

I have seen similar questions on this board, but I have done additional troubleshooting that might provide more insight to others, and hopefully get an answer for myself. I have a faucet that when I move the handle to the left, the water that comes out is very weak, but when moved to the right...

Moen pull-down faucet problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a moen pull down kitchen faucet that I installed 2 weeks ago. It has a counter-weight that allows the hose to retract into the housing, but it leaves about an inch of it dangling, ruining the line of the faucet. Any sugesstions on how to fix it?

Moen faucet won't flow hot? [ 5 Answers ]

MOEN Kitchn faucet, single handle with sprayer on deck (right side when facing), think it is model ca87524... when handle pushed right (cold) regular pressure, push handle left (hot) little to none and has been progressively getting worse. Started about 2 months ago, but escalated within last...

Hot water adjustment at moen pull knob faucet [ 0 Answers ]

I have a pull knob fawcet in my bathtub. When it is on (pulled out) and then turned counter clockwise to the hot setting, the water is not hot?

View more questions Search