Ask
    joyce69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 03:47 AM
    Can you reheat chicken once its cooked from frozen
    Can I reheat chicken once its cooked and then refrozen
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 04:41 AM
    All depends on how long chicken sat out before being frozen. Given that you would not be able to flash freeze, I would have to say no, throw it out.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 13, 2012, 05:29 AM
    Tick, I do it all the time, LOL. I buy cooked chickens when they are on sale, cut them up, freeze the parts, and heat them as needed in the microwave, just enough that they don't turn to rubber.
    But I am careful.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    tick, I do it all the time, LOL. I buy cooked chickens when they are on sale, cut them up, freeze the parts, and heat them as needed in the microwave, just enough that they don't turn to rubber.
    But I am careful.
    All certified Personal Support Workers In Ontario had to take the course in food safety and preparation through Health Ca Ada because we do food prep in clients homes; this was a certificate course. That being said, I was never fussy before because I thought "well, I am still alive and anyone else I cook for....". The course opened my eyes to a lot of food storing techniques in our own homes that are just wrong!

I am definitely not a prude but I will have to say again... throw that chicken out!
    RJ16 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 09:08 PM
    Chicken is deffintiely a food to be careful with, but as long as it was completely cooked before you froze it, it's perfectly safe to reheat. There are no dangerous hormones or anything once it is cooked, and being in the freezer prevents any bacteria from setting in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is It Safe to Reheat Chicken? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you cook chicken let it cool freeze then reheat for baby's

Re-heating cooked chicken [ 1 Answers ]

How do I re-heat cooked chicken?

Can you reheat chicken [ 2 Answers ]

I am planning a dinner party next week - but I am at work all day. I am off the day before, and wondered if I can make the food the day before and re-heat it the following evening. I am planning on making Chicken Breast fillets in a garlic, tomato and white wine sauce. I just want to know if it...

Cooked Chicken [ 1 Answers ]

I bought cooked chicken then I put it into a pot of veg soup I have let the soup cool and put in fridge wanted to know can I reheat tomorrow

How do I reheat chicken piccata [ 1 Answers ]

How do I reheat chicken Piccata

View more questions Search