Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laigang Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Hello everybody, is anyone here doing building design work? I do need your help. Thks
    Hello everybody, is anyone here doing building design work? I do need your help. Thks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 06:45 PM
    What do you need help with?

Nov 12, 2012, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What do you need help with?
    Thanks for your reply. I'm doing steel structure work now. So I really want to know after the company finishing a steel building design work how do they find a supplier for these steel structures? Will they call for a bid?
    Please forgive my poor English if I make any mistakes.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Is this for personal or for work or for school? Which country are you in? Do you have a specific project in mind?

Nov 12, 2012, 07:01 PM
    Is this for personal or for work or for school? Which country are you in? Do you have a specific project in mind?
    It's for my work. I'm from China. We want to do foreign business in steel structure buildings, bridges and so on. I do not know how to find a customer abroad. I come here asking for help from local people. And I hope I can make some new friends here :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Laigang View Post
    It's for my work. I'm from China. We want to do foreign business in steel structure buildings, bridges and so on. I do not know how to find a customer abroad. I come here asking for help from local people. And I hope I can make some new friends here :)
    You have manufactured products and want to sell them to the Western world, so want to figure out how to attract companies who will buy these products. Correct?

Nov 12, 2012, 07:05 PM
    You have manufactured products and want to sell them to the Western world, so want to figure out how to attract companies who will buy these products. Correct?
    Yes that's exactly what I mean
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 07:09 PM
    yes that's exactly what I mean
    Do you have printed materials that you can send to companies? Have you even done a survey of the possible fields and listed companies who might be interested?

What kinds of companies would be interested? Architecture firms? Constructions companies? Major city mayors?

Nov 12, 2012, 07:17 PM
    Do you have printed materials that you can send to companies? Have you even done a survey of the possible fields and listed companies who might be interested?

What kinds of companies would be interested? architecture firms? constructions companies? major city mayors?
    We have materials but I don't know what companies should I send to. Foreign Google does not work here. I'm wondering if I can get some information from the designing company. If the bridges, warehouses, shopping malls and other buildings to be built they have to be designed first. Could you please give me some suggestions? I'm really new in the sales work. Thanks.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 07:19 PM
    Are there public libraries there?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 07:21 PM
    You might be interested in this site --

ThomasNet® - Product Sourcing and Supplier Discovery Platform

Nov 12, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Are there public libraries there?
    Yes we have one in our city.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 07:24 PM
    yes we have one in our city.
    Good. Go there and talk to a reference librarian. There are many helps for you in their business reference section. I gave you the Thomas Register's web site in an earlier post.

Nov 12, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Good. Go there and talk to a reference librarian. There are many helps for you in their business reference section. I gave you the Thomas Register's web site in an earlier post.
    It is really helpful. Thank you so much for your help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Be sure to report back and let me know what you found out and if that helped. I am a retired librarian, so that should help you a lot. But you will have more to learn if you are new at sales. :)

Nov 12, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Be sure to report back and let me know what you found out and if that helped. I am a retired librarian, so that should help you a lot. But you will have more to learn if you are new at sales. :)
    Ok. You are such a good person. I may still need your help in the future. Will we keep in touch?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 07:50 PM
    I had to remove your email address (site rules, no email exchanged, no off-site contact). We can talk more here. I am here a lot now that I am retired.

Nov 12, 2012, 07:54 PM
    I had to remove your email address (site rules, no email exchanged, no off-site contact). We can talk more here. I am here a lot now that I am retired.
    Ok. No problem. This is a good web site I hope I can learn more here and provide any help if I can.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 07:58 PM
    Ok. No problem. This is a good web site I hope I can learn more here and provide any help if I can.
    Check back now and then to see if some of our members who are in construction or architecture or design add some information and ideas to this thread.

And your English is very good. :)

Nov 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
    Check back now and then to see if some of our members who are in construction or architecture or design add some information and ideas to this thread.

And your English is very good. :)
    Thanks for saying that. I'm a loyal member of this site now. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing design to building plan [ 1 Answers ]

Building plan to plumbing design &this plan add to all santry fittings

Building Design Ideas [ 3 Answers ]

I have to do an analysis of Physics of Geology for my latest project (Architecture). Also, I have to find ways of using the earth to enhance my building. I have already decided to put soil pipes in, but I really need some other ideas. Any help would really useful. Also, if you have any interesting...

Electrical design of highrise residential building [ 0 Answers ]

How can design a substation

Deck Design - Does this work? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, so I just got the attached plans back from my architect. She's never designed a deck before and is doing this for us as a favor, more than anything else. So, does this work? Any major concerns or flaws? Specifically, what do you think of how the pergola structure attaches to the deck?...

Hvac system design for high rise building [ 1 Answers ]

do any 1 describe in detail the design & selection of cooling tower; que.=cooling tower for a chiller of 750 TR & 1000 TR? primary & secondary pump,condenser pump along with pipe sizing method. building height=building 1 is 27 floor ( 350 ft) 2 is 35...

View more questions Search