Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisychain1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 10:26 AM
    What does it mean when... My husband told me he doesn't care about anything or anyone.
    I have been back together with my 1st husband (26years in between) for 1 year now and over the last year I have noticed he doesn't do all the same things he use to. Its like he doesn't want to be with me. When he drinks on the weekend he changes and blames me for being a... I don't do anything to deserve him calling me one... I asked him if he cares about us he said he don't give a *uck about me. He told me he don't care about anyone or anything. I just don't get it... I asked why he stays with me he said because he is stupid... He just started acting like this in the last couple of months. Any advise...
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2012, 12:38 PM
    Sounds like he needs to get a physical and rule out physical reasons for this change in personality. You should consider whether he's acted this way toward you in the past - is this the type of behavior that lead to your first divorce from him?

He could be depressed, or exhibiting early signs of dimensia or other medical issues. Or he could just be drinking too much, with alcohol causing depression.

In any event, the behavior is unacceptable. If he won't cooperate with figuring out what's wrong and fixing the problem, I think you need to divorce him again. Stand by him if he's willing to get help and cooperate with it, but otherwise, you need to take care of yourself and get out.
    8track Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2012, 01:19 PM
    He sounds both depressed and alcoholic. If so, then he is emotionally unavailable and incapable of self love or loving another in a healthy way.

I used to be attracted to these types because deep down inside I had a lot of my own problems that I was avoiding and myself worth was shot. At that point in my life a healthy loving person, would have felt too foreign as I could only be with people that constantly confirmed my inner deep belief that I didn't deserve better. Therapy helped, including learning self loving behaviors. The thing that helped most though was going to alanon to see why I was attracted to drinkers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dad left and doesn't care [ 0 Answers ]

Dad left when I was 12 and he always took his anger out on my brother who is the middle child. My brother is now 17 and I'm 19, I still am angry at dad so I hardly talk to him now but my brother moved in with him and has been living with him for two weeks now. Early hours this morning my...

Why doesn't he care about me? [ 1 Answers ]

I feel alone. I have known him for almost two years and the feelings I have for him haven't changed. He agreed to hangout with me the other day as long as I brought a friend. So I did. & apparently his friend thought she was unattractive. So she sat by herself & I sat with him & his friend sat by...

View more questions Search