Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roddilla Posts: 145, Reputation: 3

Nov 12, 2012, 12:38 AM
    Slow loading of programs
    I have just bought a Dell Inspiron laptop 4GB RAM; INTELHD 3000 graphics card, 500Gb harddisk, i3 cpu; windows 7 and every time I start it any program which I try to load especially internet explorer takes about 5 seconds to load but when I load it second time it starts immediately. Is this normal? And what can I do to overcome this? I have tried disk defragmentation, disk clean up, virus check ups, hard disk check but to no change
    sirthomasrules Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
    If it is that quick 5 seconds still don't worry. It probably the computer warming up and it getting the connection to pick up with the WI-FI. So be patient. If it gets really bad call a engineer out to come and look at it but do it as a last resort.
    Hope it helps
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Nov 25, 2012, 06:01 AM
    Will still load when needed they will load slower than before but your overall prerformance will increase. Tou will need to be catrefull to not disable any drivers or other stuff you need with MSCONFIG you can turn them back on if you made a mistake.
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Nov 25, 2012, 09:50 AM
    My method is to t urn on my toshiba(used dells for years) go make a cup of coffee and come back in five minutes and voilą all ready to rock and roll. 5 seconds for a modern computer is like lightning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get help paying my restitution from any government programs or court programs? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get help paying my restittution from any government program or court program? I have a hit and run for car damage no injuries

Video loading is too slow [ 6 Answers ]

How can I load/buffer videos more quickly on websites like YouTube, Google, veoh, myspace etc? I always have to pause and wait for the video to load more and it gets really annoying after a while! Especially since it takes double the time to watch one video.

How to stop programs loading at startup [ 10 Answers ]

Windows XP Pro - How can I stop programs loading at start up? Several apps are loading every time and I cannot find any way of stopping them. Examples are - AdAware, HP Digital Imaging Monitor, SpyDoctor, Adobe Photo Downloader, Sony Ericsson PC Suite etc etc Windows 98 used to have a simple...

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading... "? [ 3 Answers ]

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading"?

Loading Programs into Windows ME [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to load the netgear program for usb wireless network card "wg111v2" and had the following happen: 1. It froze the computer and had to reboot 2. The program would not run when double clicked. Any help will be very much appreciated. Rajen

View more questions Search