Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deejr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
    How do I learn to love myself?
    How do I learn to find beauty in not only my body, but also in my personality? How do I learn to love myself?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
    By reaching out and loving others unconditionally.

Nov 11, 2012, 09:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    By reaching out and loving others unconditionally.
    I can honestly say that I have sought out to love others unconditionally. However, I can never feel satisfied for low self-esteem and the issue that I don't know myself as well as I should.
    Could this self conflict cause depression and mood issues?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deejr View Post
    Could this self conflict cause depression and mood issues?
    Maybe. Have you seen a doctor or even a counselor? If not, why not?

Nov 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Maybe. Have you seen a doctor or even a counselor? If not, why not?
    No, I have not. "Why not?" I can't exactly say. I didn't start having issues with who I was until about a year and a half ago; so that may be why I never pursued help with unanswered questions for inner conflict.
    I have heard that a person is unable to love unless they love themselves. I'm not saying your advice is wrong or bad, I do appreciate it, but how can I completely give in to love to others if I'm incapable of loving and appreciating myself?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 10:23 PM
    I am a counselor, by the way.

If you can reach out and show love and caring to others, you will learn how to love yourself.

Do volunteer work at an animal shelter or hospital or nursing home and lose yourself in the experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can he truly learn to really love me [ 7 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been together for 4 years. I love him to death and I'm not sure why he doesn't feel the same way. I am 5'7 129lbs, use to be 115lbs when we met, but I am much better looking now. I could stand to lose a little weight but still very good looking. I am an agency represented...

Learn to love yourself [ 1 Answers ]

I don't like me, have done years of self help, counselling, real soul searching to change who I was. Is this it then, have I really got to accept that I am a nark, have no patience with my kids and am mean mouthed when not happy and getting my own way. Can I really change or is this it

How to learn [ 7 Answers ]

I would say education is being valued today... however it's becoming one-sided. Most teachers and educators value the abstract subjects such as math and science and some would go as far as to say that the arts are counter-productive and unessential. Basically, math and science appeals to the left...

View more questions Search